• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

spinning jump kick: Which one? basically, jump as high as you can, and start spinning as you near the apex of the jump, rather than as you take off.

side kick: er...... bring your knee up, push your foot out, and pivot your grounded foot at the toe for extra thrust.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I am NOT a big man.

Tae Kwon Do (ITF) - 1st Dan Black Belt

Shotokan Karate - 6th Kyu

I don't do TKD, but I can do a jump spin kick (dee uh doh rah cha ki)... at least I think that's what you're referring to when you say "spinning jump kick". :P

I started practicing for executing that kick by standing in a horse riding stance, and jumping and pulling my feet as high up as I could. Then I added a 1/4 turn to that. Later, I added a 1/2 turn, then 3/4 turn. Eventually, I could do a 360 degree turn from horse riding stance. That is the preparation for the spinning part.

The kicking part was mostly pulling my legs as high up as I could and then extending my kicking leg as I spot the target over my shoulder. Remember to keep your foot parallel to the floor, and hit the target with your heel. If your foot isn't parallel to the floor, you will hit with a softer part of your foot, and it may hurt. :D

Sidekick is simple. If you're in your stance (what we call "Kong Kyuk Ja Seh" - offensive stance/left guarding stance, or "Bahng Uh ja seh" - defensive stance/right guarding stance), start by turning your front foot outward ~90 degrees. With your back leg, pull your knee up in front and while you do that pivot your body so that it is facing the opposite direction from where you started. Your knee should be cocked all the way in front of you so you could touch your knee with the opposite side hand. Then just extend your leg like a piston, and pull your toes back. Your foot should be parallel to the floor and you should hit the target with the knife edge of your foot.

Hope that helps.

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

from what i learned from spinning kicks such as the narubang (spinning roundhouse kick or 540 hook kick) you must not hesitate or have no fear, especially in sparring.

i see most people stall in the middle of the spin causing them to not really be spinning but kinda hopping up and down, then excecuting the kick. you must do it all at one motion.

Any fighter can fight their best when fresh, it matters when your not.

• 2 months later...

grap a chair and just for about ten minutes do 4 count side kicks 1 chamber the knee 2 extend the leg for about three minutes 3 pull back in 4 put your knee down and then switch legs until you get tired.

"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live." - Sir Thomas Brown

I bring the pain hope you can take it-Cash Monroe

side kick? :karate: :-? :brow:

side kick is a basic tkd kick,you should have learned it.Remember to lean down and kick with the bottom of your foot.And keep your head up for balance.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

well, imho, if you can do a side kick, you can do a spinning side kick/jump spinning side kick. if your gonna do jump spinning side kick, i recommend having your kicking foot back (i know its obvious, but i've seen some ppl try the opposite and end up on the floor). keep a tight chamber and don't thrust out until you see your target, there doesn't see to be any "great technique" in a jssk cuz technically you shouldn't have to jump that high. i prefer to use the jssk as a defensive technique and follow it up with a backhand/reverse punch.

as far as practicing it, i remember just standing in a right back stance and doing a have rotation as fast as i could over and over, and when i felt it was fast enough and had the balance portion down, i added the sidekick, pretty easy technique and looks pretty impressive as well. hope this helps, GL

1st Dan CTF Taekwondo

Shodan Tomiki Ryu Aikido

Number one tip: Keep practicing.

Number two tip: Keep practicing.

Number three tip: Not effective in streetfighting.

Number four tip: Not effective in streetfighting.

Last tip: What goes up, must come down, sometimes down, is not the way it was planned.

Number three tip: Not effective in streetfighting.

Number four tip: Not effective in streetfighting.

thats true ina way,tkd kicks my looks painful and fancy but they arent to great for fights cuz one..if u do a kick like that and miss,you'll be clearly open for an attack,in all the street fights ive been in,i always attacked the legs to get an open for a stronger kick.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''