• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Punch Defense

i take wild punch to mean a big unamed wide swing you see in street fights. I would first of all move out the way. thats the easiest. Or I'd throw a faster more direct straight punch. Or you could bum rush and take them down. Or get them in a choke. But, its so easy to just move out the way and avoid all the troubles.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step inside the reach of the punch and use one arm to block, with the other arm performing an elbow strike in line with the step. Either that or step under the punch and through with a reverse knife hand strike or finger thrust to the throat, or more likely a rear inwards punch to the chest.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

In real fights i think simplicity is the best thing.

I wouldn't to step back else chances are he is gonna throw another one at you then another and so on. I wouldn't even dream of trying to apply a restraint either that ain't gonna work.

I'd step forward into it with my chin tucked right into my shoulder, i'd raise my elbow (as if doing a raising elbow strike) To cover the whole side of my head. and tuck my head right behind it. Hopefully they'll punch my elbow.

I now find my self stood at super close range. This is the point where no attacker wants you to be as they'll be off balance and won't have a clue what to do.

This is the point where i light them up with elbows, kness and head butts. keeping in nice and tight!!!

Bretty

we did this exact thing today in jujitsu. you step forward and knife hand the center of the bicep and the center of the forarm. if you get it correct it REALLY hurts. and the harder they punch the more it hurts. this is for a drunken hook punch. hope i could help.

as we've been trained to i would:

block up with my closer arm then:

*straight punch his ribs

*turn my arm to elbow him

*step my front foot through to trip him up

*or in special cases use my other arm to grab his neck and..........................i probably wouldn't use that

blue belt Lau Gar Kung fu

"know your enemy"

if the hook is going from the left hand to right,

then you would circle down under to the left, making the opponent slightly off balance with him having his arm stretched out without hitting anything, then circle under and to the side of the arm to the right and follow with the body's circular movement with jab then follow with a cross do the head

do xactly the opposite with a hook from the right hand to left position

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

This is a question none of us can really answer. I mean I may say I would do this or that but you never know how you would react. It all depends too if its your drunk friend or a stranger.

My preferance is to block or move and counter with low roundhouse to knee.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Ok, to those people that wrote about a direct assault w/out blocking. when asked about it, our master instructor put it this way. "Think of it as a gunfight. Even if you shoot first, that bullet's still coming at you." just a thought.

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".