• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

can anybody help me?

Henry South

I agree, If I was to have used a roundhouse kick (martial arts technique) I wouldn't have attacked the person firsta s they could press charges for GBH using martial arts when not neded to.

If I were using just a straight out punch like a boxing punch (right hook/cross) I would have jumped straight in because the cannot press charges against you using martial arts.

I am certain that if you use martial arts and are sentenced, you can have your license taken off you and are banned from martila arts for so-long.

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moobrack

I'm getting a bit confused....to me, any technique can be a martial arts technique. A quick uppercut is called a "ura-zuki" traditionally. A cross is called a "mawashi-zuki".

Besides, western boxing is a martial art just as much as karate is.

I could be wrong.

BTW PLEASE NOBODY TAKE OFFENCE FROM THIS POINT. There is too much offence being taken from posts.

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

no offence taken Tobias.

The way I see it, how would your oponent know that a roundhouse punch was a martial arts technique if executed like just a brawling punch.

I apologise if I didn't make it clear the first time.

Bye

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

Bah!! Don't feel bad that u were in a fight! Feel good, and swim in the knowledge that u are a machine!!

FG SGFHSDGF SGH!!!! i just spent nine hours at work and i have so much energy left to burn! * I want to dance, i want to sing! *

I should stop drinking so much coke.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Henry, man, if you know what you did was right, then stand up tall. There are no rules on the streets. So what your sensei knows that you were in a fight.

Stop drinking alcohol? What a great ideal. In life, having a little more brain cells than the next guy is a great asset.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

The biggest thing to think about is that 2 of your friends effectively got you into a fight. If your focus is truly self defense, time to evaluate your relationship with your friends. Sit them down and explain that starting sh&* isn't cool or ditch them. Friends who get drunk, start trash talking and end up in an altercation you have to get them out of aren't exactly the best of friends to have.

Nah, hold on a sec. His friends didn't ask him to help. He helped of his own accord. Friends who get into fights and then expect ui to help them are the ones u should ditch, but if they're taking it like men without using u as a shield then they are still your friends. I've never had a friend that would start fights and then expect me to finish them for me though, so i can't really understand that kinda thing.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

I totally agree with Angus. Of course any kind of fighting can suck because someone always gets hurt. But you chose the lesser of two evils. You defended your friends. You didn't wet yourself and run away or just shrug your shoulders. It's very possible that you hurt two guys temporarily to prevent the deaths of your friends. Good for you, feel no guilt, you're not being ****y. Your friends better be grateful.

Dave

from original post:

"however several of my friends were drinking and soon got into the typical bar bragging about how i had just reached brown belt im karate"

These guys were trash talking and telling people that he was into karate and it ended up in a fight. The odds of that involving him directly are pretty good and especially now that he did bail them out, it's even more likely to happen again.

If my friends were getting into fights I wouldn't want them telling people I did karate. I already get enough of the"show me something" or the "what would you do if I..." and guy throws a punch at me.

And I didn't say he should ditch them. I said he sgould reevaluate his friendship and decide. But he definitely shouldn't just let it go without saying anything. If he does that, it'll happen again; count on it.