• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I think the only thing worse than corrupt judges are incompetent ones.

I've had judges that must have been hit too hard a few times because they didn't really understand the rules...

I've seen a judge who was constantly calling a back leg roundhouse kick for someone from his school, when the guy's feet NEVER EVEN LEFT THE FLOOR!

I have, however, seen a blackbelt who gracefully kept herself out of judging because she knew she couldn't be impartial.

I'm so sick of judges messing things up, whether for me or my peers. I do realize that judging can be difficult, because I've done it before. But there are some mistakes that are just plain silly.

As far as being corrupt, it's extremely easy to score points for only one person, without "seeing the other person's points". If you're cheering for Fighter A, you look only at Fighter B's body, and every time something comes in..... "point!"

This is all incredibly sad, but try not to forget the good judges!!!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 1 month later...
It is sickening to get one of them. My good friend was sparring in the blackbelt division one time. There was a shortage of judges and they would have had wait to a couple of minutes for the womans division to be done. They just needed one more judge.Well my friend had allready beat one guy real bad. The guy he was gonna fight next(who he beat last year) volunteered to judge. From the beginning you knew it was junk. Terrible calls were made yet my friend did not say a word(even though i said a couple) he just got his gear and left. That truly is what ma is all about. That fight is not life or death,just go on.I know it stinks have a bad judge.It is a real shame!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have judges who show favoritism. I've been to so many torn. that because so and so is who he is he always wins. Even when he should have lost. But, anytime there is a sport or contest where people are judging other people there will always be some type of bias.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• 2 weeks later...

While there are comptitions there will always be Bias Judges! whether you see it or not. Its just a fact of tournments. I have been to tournys. to many to count, and have see my share of it.

I have also seen MORE real!! fair judges then bias ones. I have also judged and do still compete and judge. I can honestly say that I am a fair one and would not do anything to dishonor my rank or dishonor my fellow Black Belts doing something that has no real bearing on life.

tournys are great ! dont get me wrong. But tournys are not the reason I train! I think too much is put it to tourny training. People tend to rate an Instructor or style because of there tourny preformance! and not who or what they have do for there students or style!

and your question to the belt thing.. I think it has to do with the amount of post you have put in!! Because I still have a white belt even though I'm a 2nd Dan Black Belt