• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

White Tigers (UK)

renketsu

Hi,

Does anyone know of the White Tiger Karate Club/Association in the Wigan area (North West England)?

I have had a mate ask about it and I have never heard of them and am looking for some background info/website etc (I have looked on Google but cant find anything).

I will advise him to check the usual stuff but am looking to forwarn him incase it is a McDojo :o

Cheers,

Andy.

Andy Wilkinson (Sandan)

Renketsu Karate Club Senior Instructor

(http://www.renketsu.org.uk)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There was a white tiger club at a tournament i was in at the end of may (australia). They got warned for misconduct by one of the refs (the whole club, not just one fighter). they looked pretty mcdojoish.

i think with a name like "white tiger", it sounds a bit dodgy.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I am NOT a big man.

Tae Kwon Do (ITF) - 1st Dan Black Belt

Shotokan Karate - 6th Kyu

Do you remember in one of the early versions of UFC there was a white tiger figher who reached to final and lost decently to Graice. He was pretty good with a open hand tiger look guard . Graice couldn’t take him down instead he went into guard and choked him.

The fighter you are refering to is Keith Hackney and his style is White Tiger Kenpo Karate. I believe it is an offshoot of Ed Parker's system, but I am not 100% sure. As for White Tiger in the U. K., sorry no help here.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."