• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you bring down someone bigger than yourself?

What i would do in a fight, is jump up and do a round house! That looks really cool especially when you can get higher then your height!

That's a real good way to end up on the ground with a broken arm, collar bone, or neck.

Don't go airborne against someone bigger then you in a street fight, especially after only one year of training. If you don't make a perfect strike the energy of your kick won't be transmitted to the target area. It will be displaced or returned to you and you will "bounce" off him and go stright down. Not a good place to be, especially after falling 5'6" in the air.

Now think about what would happen to you if you're not fast enough with a flying technique and he blocks it, or worst yet, grabs your leg in the air. You'll be hanging upside down at his mercy. Does Atomic Skull Crusher ring a bell? It'll ring yours!!! :o

Yeah what goes "UP", doesn't always come "DOWN"-as expected.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if this guy hasn't hit you yet, don't worry about it. If he does hit you its assualt and you have the right to denfed yourself.

Who cares if people are watching be as vicious as possible. Don't go kill the guy, but If a guy had a couple inches on me, and 20 kg, id be doing anything I can to win the fight.

Elbows and knees are your friends, and as other people said take out his legs first. If he's on the ground he's smaller then you. Plus you can get a bunch of joint locks off to make him squel like the piggy he is.

But yeh, theres no point fighting unless its in self defense. Don't rise to the occassian its just giving the bully the attention he desires.

Bigger they are..harder they fall and harder it is to get up if he really is that big.

I would say go for the throat..but you might get to into it and actually do sum permenate damage..go for the back of his knee's.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

Bigger they are..harder they fall and harder it is to get up if he really is that big.

Yea, wrestlers are big and fall from great heights.

I would say go for the throat..but you might get to into it and actually do sum permenate damage..go for the back of his knee's.

Yeah, the ol go for the throat, groin, knees, temple, ear, nose int the brain, spine-removal, 5-step death..........

It is alll so simple and possible to do

I'm wondering why the teachers don't think to step in decisively in cases like this. I mean, what kind of idiots wouldn't see a fight coming here?

This is not the first time I've seen such incompetence is displayed. A friend of mine was stabbed severely and no action was taken to avoid pointing fingers at racially identifiable groups. Oh yea, I kid you not.

I'm wondering why the teachers don't think to step in decisively in cases like this. I mean, what kind of idiots wouldn't see a fight coming here?

This is not the first time I've seen such incompetence is displayed. A friend of mine was stabbed severely and no action was taken to avoid pointing fingers at racially identifiable groups. Oh yea, I kid you not.

What?

And..

I had nevered knew that a style called Honan Shaolin existed.

To take down a big guy, you should train your take-downs alot. I usually go for single or double legs on bigger guys, the fireman's carry works alot for me. Smaller guys I can just bearhug. Strikes help to setup the shoot.

If the big guy knows the game, you're gonna have a hard time anyway. Size does matter, but you can overcome it with good strategy and training.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Um, I would just use wat comes 2 mind....(Kick them in the Nut'z) If a big guys is bothering u or ur in a real situation fight and U dont have any training....(Kick them in the Nut'z when he get's close 2 u....Also if ur around any bricks or anything pick up a brick and knock his A$$ out!) I wouldnt try 2 use any specail form..(After all....There is no such thing as ("A way or a method of fighting") In my opinion.....Also, If he is Big/Slow and if u r little'r than he is than he's gonna be an easy target...Jus make sure he dosent get ahold of u o.k? Move around and keep your distance. (In and Out) If he is Big/Strong/Quick...Well........Um, That's when u pick up a brick if u dont know anything! If anyone has any comments about my post please give me some insight. I think that would be best though....Thanks!

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez