• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you bring down someone bigger than yourself?

A good place to look is here; http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=22694&sid=21a7241ef31be988e4e31d66ffba4e39 this thread raises alot of good points with squaring off with a boxer. Pretty much everything that is applicable to a fight with a boxer type is stated within this thread.

Low kicks may be risky, but so is fighting someone, in general. I have seen people that look like vagrants that turned out to be extremely talented individuals who knew how to fight, and generate massive ammounts of power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guard your face fiercely... attack his knees and shins like an animal, when he's down, elbows to the face.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

• 4 months later...

first kick the back of the his knees that is a pressure point and will probably make him fall then kick him in the face to make him hurt then if he gets up go for the face. go for the ribs but only if hes not too fat

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

Strike hard, strike fast.

If he grabs you, using your whole hand, pich tricep, belly, hamstring. this should make him stop attacking you for about a minute or so.

you could then have the time to escape, or if still cornered - saty on him and control the head with your hands. turn the head in a corkscrew like motion towards the ground. once he falls, kick and run.

This was taught to me as part of the Shaolin Chin-na techniques.

no matter how big and mad you are, you get pinched in the triceps - the fight leaves you. you definitely get humbled. try it.

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

no matter how big and mad you are, you get pinched in the triceps - the fight leaves you. you definitely get humbled. try it.

This hurts alot, even if you do it to yourself. The smaller amount you can pinch the more it hurts. Give it a go, hold a ball or something and then pinch yourself. You maybe able to hold it for a while but do it fast and hard.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

Big fat guy will be hurting bad if you take his knees out. However, that could lead to court time. Try round kicking him on the outside of his leg in the thigh area, just below where his hands would be if they were hanging down to his sides, but above the knee. If you nail the spot right, his knees will buckle, and he will drop.

From there on, try to use your judgement. If he falls, walk away. If you have to continue the fight, try his legs again. Kicking the inside of his legs can hurt, too.

If you are feeling spunky, you can just start straight punching him to the face, alternating hands, continuously. Just start hitting him and keep going until he goes down.

But you could try the leg kick first if you are calm.

This hurts alot, even if you do it to yourself. The smaller amount you can pinch the more it hurts. Give it a go, hold a ball or something and then pinch yourself. You maybe able to hold it for a while but do it fast and hard.

it hurts, but pain compliance is never the answer. in an adrenaline situation you can't always feel such things. you need to bring the guy down fast and hard, or restrain him. Exactly which techniques to use depends on the sutation.

first kick the back of the his knees that is a pressure point and will probably make him fall then kick him in the face to make him hurt then if he gets up go for the face. go for the ribs but only if hes not too fat

that's assuming he could even get behind the guy.... and even then, there is too much assumption - what if the guy doesn't fall?

it hurts, but pain compliance is never the answer. in an adrenaline situation you can't always feel such things. you need to bring the guy down fast and hard, or restrain him. Exactly which techniques to use depends on the sutation.

elbows_and_knees, I see your point. the ideal time to use this is right at the beginning of a fight, before their adrenaline kicks in. But, pain compliance does open up your opponent for a takedown\arm bar\...

Sometimes, what i call a distract shot, is needed to apply a takedown - because the person is bigger than you, more aggressive,... this distract shot could be a kick to the shin, instide of the knee, stomp on the toes, whip of the fingers into the eyes, or a muscle garb.

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

I noticed in your profile you've trained in Bojutsu. That reminded me of a situation that happened to me many moons ago when I was a young teenager. There was this kid in our neighborhood who was 2 years older than me and outweighed me by about 50 pounds. One day he decided to beat me up and I couldn't talk him out of it. I had no martial arts training back then but I did know there was no way I could stand toe to toe with him and win. He charged me and I ran. As I was running (he was gaining on me BTW) I was looking for a weapon and, lo and behold I saw a big long stick lying on the ground (that's why I mentioned the Bojutsu). I reached down, scooped up the stick, whirled around and began to lay into him with it. The stick was actually a piece of a bamboo pole that his father had used for a beanpole. Anyway, I beat him about the torso with that bamboo pole until there wasn't enough of it left to do me any good. Just as I was about to turn and make my retreat he gave up and headed for the house. When his mom saw his injuries she told him to stay away from me because I was crazy and dangerous. LOL. If she'd only known the truth. I was neither crazy or dangerous, just scared spitless and looking for a way to keep him from pounding me into the ground.