• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you bring down someone bigger than yourself?

Oh and another thing i find that works well on larger are knife hand strikes to the neck, just wanted to add that :)

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you bring down someone bigger than yourself?

WILLPOWER!

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

• 1 month later...
Having trouble at school, this big fat guy has been wanting to fight me for ages. He approches me with any chance he can Get, I want to hear some suggestions on how i should bring him down ,if he puts me in a situation that i cant walk away from ? Anyone ?

a good way would be to hit him hard first and keep doing it so he cant hurt you then start kicking and he should come down or he will run. :bawling:

A.kelly

Oh and another thing i find that works well on larger are knife hand strikes to the neck, just wanted to add that :)

knife hand strike = shoto , correct ??

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

knife hand strike = shoto , correct ??

Yep

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• 1 month later...

Now this will be a problem for the lot of you D; it has no easy solution.

I'm about 5'11 and weigh 200 pounds. My opponent is 6'0, 260 - 300 pounds =D.

Everyone forces us at school to fight each other. Sort of a clash of strong opponents, me being a martial artist and he being a football player who know's how to box and throw.

Now I came on this site through a search engine and registered JUST for this one little problem I'm having: How can I win?

I'm being forced into this and I'm not going to back down or tell a teacher or some * at school (yes it's a school fight). I'm going to fight him so no one suggest to "walk away".

As I look through this thread I see all these suggestions for strikes at different locations and such D; and for me against him that won't work.

He holds a boxing stance that was a great defense across his whole face and upper torso. He's HUGE ya know so throws are gonna be insane to do and punching his fat stomach does nothing. Even an unblocked full force push kick to his stomach didn't phase him.

One day we were fighting and I couldn't get in because of that guard and his immense strength yet I tried punching and almost got hit by a heavy lead hook. Getting desperate after a while I tried a high kick to the head. I got crossed in the face and flew back a few feet :oops: .

I can't just hit him in the face or clavicle because of that guard. Alot of times he won't block just counter with his heavy punches. He's NOT just an idiot he's very skilled.

It's not like I'm unskilled though. I have alot of various martial arts training and I train every day. I'm obsessive at this.

Low kicking won't work because he rushes in when I try to with one of those huge fists.

Just traditional basic crap won't work. They will be blocked and I will be countered and go flying again. I need something GOOD D;.

Can't SOMEONE out there help meh? Pwease?

There is a force that exists in all of us. It takes one of true skill to release this force. Fight on.

My first thought was that it seems everyone else wants you to fight, yet you don't. Does the other person want to fight? If neither of you two do, then get together, shake hands and stop putting on a show for the spectators that are egging you two on. If you two become close friends, you will have effectively disarmed the antagonists. From what you presented, i would say 'they' are the real opponents, not the football guy.

Anyway, low kicks will work, but you need to make them strong, quick and snappy. they need to get the job done, which is to attack the knee, the shin, the thigh, the balls.

If you don't have ground skills, and he does, then obviously you have a problem there. It sounds as if you also aren't as good as he close-in, so distance fighting is all you have. May i recommend you expand your knowledge at a later time.

As to whether an attack works or not, i'm sure it does... he's just not going to let you know it. That's part and parcel to boxing strategy. Anyway, you seem to be aiming for general body shots, rather than prime targets like floating ribs, kidney shots, solar plexus (if he's fat, strike downward, not up), underarm, back of hand, center of forearm, lower-center of thigh, top of foot, behind the ear, temple shot, bridge of nose, just under the nose (aimed upwards), side of neck, throat, etc. I suggest you reexamine your targets, as well as the degree of force you're using. This isn't point contact, nor is it a casual sparring match. Your goal 'is' to hurt him. Not just a little, but a lot, so go back to basics and generate that force, that power in your strikes. Put your body behind it, don't just throw your arms out like sockbags. If necessary, visualize him as that wall in your bedroom. You know, the one with the poster covering the hole?

Be aware, your goal here isn't to kill the guy, and i gather it's not to permanently disable him. However, what is his goal? You need to set the level of severity of your actions based on whether this is a friendly duel, or one in which you will be repeatedly stomped if you were to hit the ground.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro