• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you bring down someone bigger than yourself?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can actually train in a martial art, or you can play "karate kid" and try to learn from books and video. While it's possible you will actually learn to be effective with the latter method, I highly doubt that you will. Fighting without a strategy isn't too bright.

When Lee talked about fighting without thinking, he didn't mean to fight like a moron. You have to train and train until you can do things without paying much attention to them. For example, when you first learned how to draw letters, you had to pay attention to each letter and the strokes. Now that you have much practice (training) on drawing letters, you can do it without really thinking about it, that doesn't mean you write sentences without thinking though.

Do you follow?

Yea....I see, Thanx!...

Killer Instinct.....Instinctively doing something....On impulse. It's basically when I get in a fight and I see blood, It get's me hype and I wanna just lose control and go out there and tear that person apart. As soon as I see it my "Killer Instinct" is turned on. Its the innate aspect of behavior that is unlearned, complex, and normally adaptive. A powerful motivation or impulse...Impelled from within.

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killer Instinct.....Instinctively doing something....On impulse. It's basically when I get in a fight and I see blood, It get's me hype and I wanna just lose control and go out there and tear that person apart.

Got a good lawyer?

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

What?

My point is that I am consistently astounded by the lazy and ignorant attitude of school administration with regards to the buildup of violent trends. (Fights, aggressive bullying as opposed to harassing bullying, naescent gang affiliation.)

I had nevered knew that a style called Honan Shaolin existed.

I think it's more properly called Honan Shaolin Wushu.

http://www.shaolinwushu.com/

LiTtLeDrAgOn, you have much contradiction on your words:

Quote:

In that case, (If he does get even angrier) than he is blind and his punches, kicks, ect are not going to be accurate and efficent.

So you saying of the above when the opponent is out-of-control. To soldify yourself in maintaining control you write:

Quote:

I could have it out for someone really bad but if I lose thought and control than Im gonna get demolished in the end...

But then, contradictory to both of your above, you write:

Quote:

Killer Instinct.....Instinctively doing something....On impulse. It's basically when I get in a fight and I see blood, It get's me hype and I wanna just lose control and go out there and tear that person apart. As soon as I see it my "Killer Instinct" is turned on.

Further you contradict yourself in one line as follows:

Quote:

Does that mean he is gonna beat me into the ground????? I dont think so...There is always possibility.

LiTtLeDrAgOn, you read too much then recite it as garbage. Go and find a mentor with vast patience.

I have had many students that were like you in the very beginning. Proper-personal training and knowledge from a experience mentor/teacher, will instill maturity and wisdom.

I will say it again, LiTtLeDrAgOn reminds me of someone....

Is there any relation between LiTtLeDrAgOn and Dancin_Ash? Just playing. Anyways, the biggest thing (in my most humbe opinion) is to keep your cool if you get into a fight. If you've had a year of kickboxing, you should know what it is like to have the severe adrenaline rush. Keep cool and calculating, don't just get into a slug-fest

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

LiTtLeDrAgOn, you have much contradiction on your words:

Quote:

In that case, (If he does get even angrier) than he is blind and his punches, kicks, ect are not going to be accurate and efficent.

So you saying of the above when the opponent is out-of-control. To soldify yourself in maintaining control you write:

Quote:

I could have it out for someone really bad but if I lose thought and control than Im gonna get demolished in the end...

But then, contradictory to both of your above, you write:

Quote:

Killer Instinct.....Instinctively doing something....On impulse. It's basically when I get in a fight and I see blood, It get's me hype and I wanna just lose control and go out there and tear that person apart. As soon as I see it my "Killer Instinct" is turned on.

Further you contradict yourself in one line as follows:

Quote:

Does that mean he is gonna beat me into the ground????? I dont think so...There is always possibility.

LiTtLeDrAgOn, you read too much then recite it as garbage. Go and find a mentor with vast patience.

I have had many students that were like you in the very beginning. Proper-personal training and knowledge from a experience mentor/teacher, will instill maturity and wisdom.

I will say it again, LiTtLeDrAgOn reminds me of someone....

Thanks...47MartialMan....U are truely very wise. I appreciate u helping me out. (Where are u from?)

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez

Her man,

I did welcome you to the forum.

Please, find a instructor and start somewhere.

You will start learning more.

Heck, I was in your "shoes" 30+ years ago, and I am still learning.

I will say it again, LiTtLeDrAgOn reminds me of someone.... ME!

Hey.......Thanks 47MartialMan, I have now found an instructor and he teaches a variety of styles, (2day he taught us some "Boxing 12" technique, and then he was teaching us "Kata's" something about Basic From 1...Nieche Kata Ouchu...Or something like that, lol. ) Thanks for helping me again, I was wondering though...Do u recomend I take any certian style to start off with? Or should I just stick with the stuff I am taking right now, (I really dont know wat he teaches, but I think he teaches a little of everything so his students wont feel limited to just one style) Thanks.

K, Thanks