• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you bring down someone bigger than yourself?

Yes, Very good point, lol......Um, I really dont kno' that much about "Martial Art's" but I am learning.....I figured I'd give my advice and some insight on wat I'd do in that situation. Although it is a methond that can be used...Ur right about the tolerency and accuracy. In that case, (If he does get even angrier) than he is blind and his punches, kicks, ect are not going to be accurate and efficent......Just be aware and stay calm. In any case he is gonna come runnin' after u angry, swinging wildley. (Hit, Bite, Scratch, Eye Gouge, anything that u can do 2 survive keep your distance...) Thats when ur killer instinct unfolds......Use It.

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

If your skill (groin strike) wasn't enough to stop him, what makes you think you have a possible second chance?

How many street/bar fights have you been in?

And don't give me those "after school" situations.

(Hit, Bite, Scratch, Eye Gouge, anything that u can do 2 survive keep your distance...)

How can the above allow you to keep a distance?

"Killer instinct"? What if his is stronger than yours?

BTW, welcome to the board and learn.

HmMmMmMmM......Well, first of all...Like I said I am just a Student, merely a bigginer in Martial Art's, so therefore I have not been in any street/bar fights...Only after school ones, lol. I really do appreciate ur insight though. Anyways....Wat I was saying was....When he is running at u that is when u hit but dont stay in...Get out of the way...(Keep ur distance) Basically hit and run...In and out...Get it? If he is on top of u...or if he has ahold of u..Bite or scratch ect...Than distance urself or run...U dont want to be in to close with a big guy if ur smaller..(In my opinion) U want to use wat u have...Ur speed or w/e. Also...It dosent matter if his "Killer Instinct" is stronger than yours anyway....I could have it out for someone really bad but if I lose thought and control than Im gonna get demolished in the end...(Im gonna get tired quicker and be sloppy) That is why u should stay focused..... and thats why u keep ur distance and so to speak (Hit and Run) If u get a big guy "With a good poke, stratch, hit 2 the eye or anywhere and he is offbalance or startled for a second" that is ur chance to run.....I am speaking for the people who dont know any self defense methods.......and there is always possibility, just because my SKILL does not work the first time. Does that mean I should give up????? Just because he is bigger and has a stronger Killer Instinct for me Does that mean he is gonna beat me into the ground????? I dont think so...There is always possibility.

A wise man once said..."Courage is not the abstinence of fear. It is what is done when the emotion of fear is present....That is courage my friend" -Jordan Galendiez

LiTtLeDrAgOn doesn't know what he's talking about. In fact, I don't think he train in martial arts at all.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Hahaha.....Well, Who r u 2 judge me????? In fact u r right....I do not know much, I am only 16 and I just started studying Martial Art's about 2 months ago....I didnt get on here 2 argue or anything. I just got on to try and help and get some advice. The situations that I explain in my writing are wat I would do, o.k? U guys act like there is a certain "Way" or "Method" to fight..................

Yes there is, LiTtLeDrAgOn, one way gets you killed, the other lets you survive.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

........and exactly wat WAY/METHOD would that be????? Wat way/method of fighting would get u killed?...and wat way would let u survive? If u dont use all that u kno' and stick 2 one WAY of fighting than where is the freedom? Why would u want to be limited to using one Method? I dont understand........(If someone where to come up behind u and start attacking u, would u A. worry about getting into ur proper fighting position and make sure u have ur hands/feet properly placed into YOUR fighting technique? Or B. would u use wat is present and feed off wat they are throwing at u and began defending yourself without THINKING? Please explain........

You can actually train in a martial art, or you can play "karate kid" and try to learn from books and video. While it's possible you will actually learn to be effective with the latter method, I highly doubt that you will. Fighting without a strategy isn't too bright.

When Lee talked about fighting without thinking, he didn't mean to fight like a moron. You have to train and train until you can do things without paying much attention to them. For example, when you first learned how to draw letters, you had to pay attention to each letter and the strokes. Now that you have much practice (training) on drawing letters, you can do it without really thinking about it, that doesn't mean you write sentences without thinking though.

Do you follow?

HmMmMmMmM......Well, first of all...Like I said I am just a Student, merely a bigginer in Martial Art's, so therefore I have not been in any street/bar fights...Only after school ones, lol. I really do appreciate ur insight though.

So, you can actually state what one can do, per staying focused and groin kicking?

Anyways....Wat I was saying was....When he is running at u that is when u hit but dont stay in...Get out of the way...(Keep ur distance) Basically hit and run...In and out...Get it? If he is on top of u...or if he has ahold of u..Bite or scratch ect...Than distance urself or run...U dont want to be in to close with a big guy if ur smaller..(In my opinion) U want to use wat u have...Ur speed or w/e. Also...It dosent matter if his "Killer Instinct" is stronger than yours anyway....I could have it out for someone really bad but if I lose thought and control than Im gonna get demolished in the end...(Im gonna get tired quicker and be sloppy) That is why u should stay focused..... and thats why u keep ur distance and so to speak (Hit and Run) If u get a big guy "With a good poke, stratch, hit 2 the eye or anywhere and he is offbalance or startled for a second" that is ur chance to run.....

Ditto

I am speaking for the people who dont know any self defense methods.......and there is always possibility, just because my SKILL does not work the first time. Does that mean I should give up????? Just because he is bigger and has a stronger Killer Instinct for me Does that mean he is gonna beat me into the ground????? I dont think so...There is always possibility.

No, never give up. But trealize that you can get yourself in more hgarms way thinking the way you do. Obviously, yu have not been exposed to an environment of rough street/bar fights and those ruffians in them.

Killer instinct? What is that? Please explain.[/quote]