• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One thing I like personally is putting as many fighting techniques in a warm up as possible.

I'm not sure what all the options are in taekwondo but use your imagination.

In krav maga for example I like to combine soft breakfalls with push ups and also kicking from the breakfall+push up position. You can do this with punches too, can be in the air or have them pair up and use pads. make sure the person with the pad moves around a little

Situps facing eachother keeping their legs in a way that they hold eachother, one kid attacks with the hands,, the other one makes defenses.

You can put in all kinds of games such as have the whole group walk through eachother in a pretty small space so it's hard to not touch eachother, but they cannot. Then put in games such as have them tap the head or shoulders or knees with or without defenses. You can vary with this. keep safety in mind, make sure they don't poke eachothers eyes out while they try to tap a head .

Some multiple opponent drills can be great too as a warm up game. Just don't start with punching and kicking. Have 3 or 4 kids push 1 kid around a lil and make the defender move around in the proper way and deflect the pushes a little. That should make them sweat and still have fun.

have fun

so vis pacem para bellum