• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which is the best Karate Style?

Red Triangle student

What do you think is the best Style of Karate?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best Style of Karate?

• Shotokan
    • Goju Ryu
    • Kenpo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead wrong, I am a Ninj-ger and i choose Ninjitsu.

Sorry that was my other personality ,the list is not complete but I put them in this order

1- Goju 2- Kempo 3-Shotokan

OK, I have seen that peope have al sorts o dierent styles of Karate they wish to be on their list. I shall put them on.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

Kinda flame provoking and childish thread, but I participate into it.

Best for what? For whom?

I've chosen Shotokan because it's the best FOR ME. I love it and everything it represents and I don't give a dn about opinions that it's worthless.

Anyway the styles should have been more in the poll.

Guess you'll have to pay more attention when chosing the possible answers for a poll. You can still make the changes :D

And Kenpo is not karate. At least make a correct poll or ask around before doing so :karate:

And Kenpo is not karate.

I have to disagree with this point. Kenpo has punches, kicks, self defense, katas, and weapon katas like many tradtional "karate" systems. Perhaps isn't viewed as karate in the "traditional" sense, but non-the-less it is still a form of karate :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Er- I need a little help here. I cant change the settings in my Poll! Can anyone remember how to do it?

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

I say SHOTOKAN! Its the best i think and the best looking. And its just my6 favorite.

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

Well, I'd always vote Shotokan, but that's because Shotokan is the main karate style I've trained in. I've done a little Goju, plus my instructor also throws in other karate styles into our training from time to time. I'd always pick Shotokan, though, because it's my first karate style and it's the best one for ME.

Whichever style a person trains in they're gonna pick that. It doesn't necessarily make it the greatest style in the world (I can see some of the flaws in Shotokan, just as I can also see flaws in other karate styles and other martial arts) but it does mean that it's the greatest style for that person.

We can spend all next year arguing about which style is the best and not come to a conclusive answer - simply because there isn't one.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have to disagree with this point. Kenpo has punches, kicks, self defense, katas, and weapon katas like many tradtional "karate" systems. Perhaps isn't viewed as karate in the "traditional" sense, but non-the-less it is still a form of karate :karate:

Name comes via lineage and historical connection, not via content. Kenpo is an American martial art, not karate. All karate is Okinawan-related and has lineage connections to Okinawa.

Or is Krav Maga karate because it has a similar content? No, I didn't think so, either. It's Krav Maga - due to its history and lineage.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland