• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Leg Strengthening exercises should I use?

Red Triangle student

I am feeling a bit confused on what Leg stretches I should do to be able to kick very high and hold my leg there.

Like when you do Miageri, and hold the thrust out, you feel the strain in your thigh area. Should I keep this strain up to strengthen my legs? Or should I try another method.

I can already hold my leg out at a height of about choodan. But it causes me a lot of pain and I would like to know how to strengthen your legs to make doing this easier.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I suggest squats such as kibadachi or shikadachi, you know what i mean...or you could go running with me around the cem!!!!

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

Yeah, I would like to go running around the Perimeter of the park. That is a better challenge Adam.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• 4 weeks later...

Stretch the muscles that deal with kicking.. hips, legs, etc.

Also holding them while extended will help improve the power of flexibility.

Simple/slow exercises like Leg lifts to the front and side. Try to do 10 on each side 2 times and see how your leg muscles feel and stretch when you are done.

my instructor recommens holding atleast 1 stretch for at least 2 minutes if you can do it. we do some stretches with partners, and i was wondering, if you were to do this, what stretches would you work on holding for this period. atm i just do the front splits