• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you perform the Splitz(Traditional Karate Warm up)

Red Triangle student

Hi, I have been wondering how people prefer to do the splitz. Well, my sensei told me that you should do it in a way where your hips are forward, I was doing it in a way were my hips were back and I was sort of leaning backwards and sitting into it.

I was wondering if their is a right and wrong way to doing it. Is the way I do it now better than the way I used to, I am not going to disagree with what my sensei said, I am just wondering. :-?

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are loads of different ways to do the splitz, maybe your sensei was suggesting a way to stretch/warm up certain muscles? Anyway, its technically a gymnastic move so you're better off asking a gymnast. :D

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

Well that is absolutely Perfect! My Sensei Frank Brennan has lots of experience in Gymbastics so what he told me to do is right after all :)

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

Frank knows gymnastrics?! Really?! I didnt know that.

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

Yes Jiyn he does, you know you should call your sensei"Sensei" it is more respectful! :roll: Only kidding! :wink:

Sorry,i meant to say sensei frank brennan.....so anyway thats news to me that he used to be a gymnastics person...

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

Well, that is probably why he is so flexible and knows a lot about the Human body.

• 4 weeks later...

i wish i now a good way to do it with a partener

i know nothing now from matt blake at matbla@capital.net

send me a step by step picture or something