• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tips on mind conditioning

Okay , it's really about recognizing the threat, assesing it and reacting to it. in my opnion running like hell can be a good reaction so it's okay to be afraid and stuff hehe.

I hope we can think of ways to improve these initial stages of responding to a threat.

Well first of all awareness should be good to spot a problem in time.

Well practise it anytime while moving somewhere or even at home.

assesing,, maybe a bit harder to practise.

This is something that has nothing to do with sparring etc.

This has to do with people making the right judgement in time about a real life situation.

I think if you train for self defense you should absolutely include scenario training. i think scenario's should be selected carefully so it's not just a bunch of technique training outside the dojo. it should be really about simulating real events. violents may or may not be the proper reaction.

people can react strangely when put under a lil bit of stress.

So this is a vital issue.

do stress drills to get used to stress etc. sparring, multiple opponent drills, train with eyes closed, lights out, hitting pads or punching bags with someone trying to pull you back etc. etc.

ofcourse i'm eager to get more ideas

so vis pacem para bellum

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When I am sparring in class I usually have a smile on my face. :) I am calm and focused, only becoming confused when I stop and think about why X technique failed or why I got hit.

However I feel that come to fight situation on the street I will not be ready for the explosive violent nature of it. :o I am actively thinking about this in my daily life in an attempted preparation.