• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks guys (goshinman and judoguy). That was exactly the way I was looking at the situation.

I would also forewarn the grapplers that since you do have a lot of experience in most average people's eyes that you will have a harder time defending your actions if someone dies while you are choking them.

Don't get me wrong this could cover both scenarios. If you are a striker like I am and the person that died was beaten to a bloody pulp and you didn't exhibit much damage, you would probably be looking at a nice long vacation.

I was referring to a one or two punch situation.

Hey don't mention it. In a situation like that there are so many nuances that one would have to pray for a nearly perfect set of circumstances to beat the wrap in a court of law. And even then there is still the chance of a lesser charge such as involuntary manslaughter or something like it that a prosecuter will try to pin on you if he/she is determined enough. A good set of circumstances would be if the victim( for lack of a better term) had a criminal history of violent behavior. If the witness(s) saw the altercation from start to finish, and if you DON'T have a criminal background. And even still with all of that, choking someone to death would be extremly hard to justify.

I'm only going to ask you once...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so knocking someone out with a choke to show to your friends.. is not a smart thing to do. I wouldn't play with this stuff if I were you.You know that tingly feeling you have while you go out? Thats brain cells dieing..

Blood chokes cause no harm, if not held for longer then say a minute.

2 minutes of no oxygen is the average time for a kill, anthything past say 45-60 seconds can cause brain damage.

a quick 6 second showing, is completly ineffective to damage any part of the brain, even when repeated.

Your brain gets less oxygen when you hold your breath for a minute then a choke hold for 6 seconds.

Like I said before, no-one has ever died from being choked in a Judo competition. If I had the choice between being choked unconscious or punched unconscious, I'd definately take the choke.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Like I said before, no-one has ever died from being choked in a Judo competition. If I had the choice between being choked unconscious or punched unconscious, I'd definately take the choke.

In speaking of competiton-I agree. At least with a Choke, one wont walk away afterwards with a complete "visual marking".

In a match I agree, in the streets no freakin' way. I'll take my chances with someone trying to punch me out. Notice that I said TRYING to punch me out because obviously if you get choked out or knocked out you're still out. And on the streets that is very bad news indeed.

I'm only going to ask you once...

• 4 weeks later...

some chokes dont actually choke you, they just stop your blood getting into your brains and thats why you pass out

What hurts you but doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.