• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

true about the throat thing, but thats full force, you know? its pretty hard to actually kill someone. im talkin a chop or something medium just to * with him for like a day. still though, my first choice would be breaking something- throat hits are for when theyre still awake and kickin.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's really funny to get your grandpa in a choke when he's sleeping. you havent LIVED untill you choke your sleeping grandpa. it's pretty hellarious to watch his face turn purple. you could also get a heavy duty (i mean REALLY heavy duty) flashlight then shine it 2 inches from his face and when he wakes up, no matter how hard he tries, dont move the flashlight from his face! the darker the room is, the better. he'll eventually roll over onto his stomach, then sit on top of him and start slapping his head like craaazy. it's not abusive at all. just tickle him once you knock him out. he'll wake up and make you some pancakes. blueberry.

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee

Here's another viewpoint. Someone earlier mentioned the carotid sinus reflex, or activating a sympathetic nervous response using the vagus nerve. This cause the body to think that the blood pressure had a serious rise. The sympathetic response causes a corresponding drop whick causes knock out. The rise being caused by back pressure from the arteries and veins. This back pressure can also cause existing genetic defects to rupture (stroke) and the person could feasibly die. You would then be fully responsible for this whether you meant for it to happen or not. Just something else to think about.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

Here's another viewpoint. Someone earlier mentioned the carotid sinus reflex, or activating a sympathetic nervous response using the vagus nerve. This cause the body to think that the blood pressure had a serious rise. The sympathetic response causes a corresponding drop whick causes knock out. The rise being caused by back pressure from the arteries and veins. This back pressure can also cause existing genetic defects to rupture (stroke) and the person could feasibly die. You would then be fully responsible for this whether you meant for it to happen or not. Just something else to think about.

So in a society with laws against killing, a choke sounds like a great method?

I'm speaking specifically about choking people out in a dojo environment, or even in a bar environment if you are a bouncer. A choke is something you should use in a situation only if you don't mind posibly seriously injuring or killing that person. I think chokes are taken far too lightly.

I'm speaking specifically about choking people out in a dojo environment, or even in a bar environment if you are a bouncer. A choke is something you should use in a situation only if you don't mind posibly seriously injuring or killing that person. I think chokes are taken far too lightly.

I have to agree.

I like to believe that the more methods one has, the more versitlity they can achieve.

I agree. The more techniques you know, the more you can control the escalation of a situation. After all, is it necessary to swat a fly with a cannon?

I also look at it another way. The more tools you have and can use well in your toolbox, the more detail and quality you can put into building your house.

Are those analogies enough? I can give you more! :D

it's really funny to get your grandpa in a choke when he's sleeping. you havent LIVED untill you choke your sleeping grandpa. it's pretty hellarious to watch his face turn purple. you could also get a heavy duty (i mean REALLY heavy duty) flashlight then shine it 2 inches from his face and when he wakes up, no matter how hard he tries, dont move the flashlight from his face! the darker the room is, the better. he'll eventually roll over onto his stomach, then sit on top of him and start slapping his head like craaazy. it's not abusive at all. just tickle him once you knock him out. he'll wake up and make you some pancakes. blueberry.

i totally agree with you bro. when my grandpa came home from the korean war and walked out of the bus i kicked him in the nuts and he collapsed onto the ground and cracked his skull on the curb. its just FUN! he's family, and family is forever, so no matter how hard i kick his nuts, he's skill my grandpa.

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee