• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually if u have the choke in solid(depending on how you do it) 10 sec will be all that's necessary to knock them out. So for self defense i'd wait at least 15 - 20 sec before letting go. My instructor's son made someone almost pass out in a tournament one time, he was pinned for 23 sec before the guy finally tapped out, then he couldn't even stand up for a minute or 2...

There are two types of people in the world. Those that find excuses and those that find a way.

-Unknown

• 5 weeks later...

I was choked out in about 3-4 seconds once. I had an instructor that used to punch a person in the nose after he choked someone out on the street. He wanted to give them something to focus on when they woke up. If he didn't, the guy always wanted to fight again.

not bad, depending on the situation id want to either break something (like an arm, rib, ankle) or hit him in the throat to disrupt his breathing ability (theyll live, but wont be able to come after me.) nose is good too though, but id do it twice.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Striking someone in the throat is considered deadly force. It can crush the trachea and cause respiratory arrest and death. Don't do this unless you are fighting for your life. Please.

Mixed Martial Artist

I agree, good chokes will take you out in less that ten seconds. And if you can cinch them in super tight, are almost impossible to escape in that amount of time. Plus the fact that your losing each second. I'm think they can as low as 5 seconds though. From things I've read and what my sensei told me, especially while fighting, the brain needs the extra flow to function fast during a fight, and when it gets cut off you go quick.

In a match of mine ( judo ) I was getting choked and got tunnel vision until I realized I better get out, so I thrashed forward then threw my head back and... broke the guys nose, he let go but I was disqualified. :(

Usually you can tell if they're out when they start doing the chicken, ya know they start flopping around.

I like chokes because people don't know they need to give up then all of a sudden lights out. Good sneak attack, that happened to me in an early match, I was getting choked but didn't know it then I just went to sleep. Woke up in a fog about a minute later...

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

I wouldn't recommend using them if you don't practice them. Chokes are my favorite technique, so that's all I try to use. I've never used a choke in a real street fight, but I mean in full contact sparring I can intercept for example a right hook and pull the arm forward more so I can get behind them for a choke then kick out their feet and lay on top of them, that's what I try to do... but it doesn't always work =(

I know some bouncers who have used them, but against drunks.. so whatever, if your good at em you can use em'

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

I wouldn't recommend using them if you don't practice them. Chokes are my favorite technique, so that's all I try to use. I've never used a choke in a real street fight, but I mean in full contact sparring I can intercept for example a right hook and pull the arm forward more so I can get behind them for a choke then kick out their feet and lay on top of them, that's what I try to do... but it doesn't always work =(

I know some bouncers who have used them, but against drunks.. so whatever, if your good at em you can use em'

Yeah, cops use them too...the ones I have seen, usually had a partner to help them.