• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've seen a girl with a choke held on for a minute after she went out wake up okay.

That must of been one ugly choke. My judo sensei's chokes are so tight you'll go out within 10 secs.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was in a comp, the ref wasn't paying attention and the girl doing the choke was inexperienced and didn't know her opponent was out.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

The girl was definately out for around a minute before the choke was released, woke up and seemed to be fine.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Holding the choke on for too long is not something you need to worry about. Even with adrenalin pumping through you, you would notice that the person has gone limp. I certainly wouldn't worry about calling an ambulance - the person will wake up fine, generally in a second or two if you release the choke straight away. If you hold the choke (strangle) on for a few seconds after they go out, then the person will stay out for around 10 seconds.

For a common mata-leon choke (rear-naked), it generally takes around 9 seconds for someone to go out if they're doing nothing. If they're fighting and drunk, then they can go out in around 2-3 seconds.

There has been no recorded deaths in Judo from the application of strangles.

You're probably right on that, but you can never be too careful especially in today's climate of sue happy losers. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't bother calling an ambulance, but I was just trying to be a responsible guy... :D

Mixed Martial Artist

• 2 weeks later...

i was at the YMCA for a week and these dudes in my cabin were asking me about my kung fu and all this and asked if i could knock somebody out, so I asked for a volunteer and he got to his knees and then i got him in a sleeper hold. he could still breath, i was just blocking the blood to his brain and he passed out in like 13 seconds, then i instantly let go of the choke and he woke up smiling and thought it was cool!!

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee

Okay, so knocking someone out with a choke to show to your friends.. is not a smart thing to do. I wouldn't play with this stuff if I were you.You know that tingly feeling you have while you go out? Thats brain cells dieing..

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

• 2 weeks later...

HA! they arent MY braincells dying, it's theirs. HAHAHA, haha, hah, heh..... aaah... :lol:

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee