• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

new - what should I take

Hello, I've been doing kickboxing at my Y for about 6 months now. We use the bags and we are taught kicks, puches, and some self-defense moves. I really enjoy this class. I would like to take a class at a school so I can earn belts. I'm not interested in fighting just learning the techniques of the art. I'm in my late 30's, overweight and I have a bad knee, so I really don't want to go to a class and get my butt kicked first day. :smile: I just don't know which class to take, there are so many, karate and tae kwon do are the most popular I guess but if anyone has a suggestion I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Brazilian Jiu Jutsu is a very physical, close up grappling art - I think tundra is after more of something that is a bit more less physical. I'm not sure, though

Ouss.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Ju jitsu and judo could potientially be hard on the joints.

Oh by the way Hi and welcome.

I started karate in my late 30's. Taekown do has a lot of jumping and a lot of kicking techniques.

But I am partial to my art of shotokan. We do an even mix of hand and foot techniques. And they are introduced gradually over the ranks.

Visit the schools in your area and watch a class. They should not mind. Some will even let you do a trial class.

Don't worry about everyone else being older than you are. They will secretly admire you. :nod:

well i don't know your chioce try different ones see if you like them it's all what yuo want to do think so you really want to do it or just for the hell of it???

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

well thats good to hear your going to get active :grin:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"