• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

P-A-S

one thing i forgot..

like was mentioned above, depending on what you are doing is going to depend on what you use more of...

when i point spar i focus much more on my speed and acuracy then power.

when i do full contact fighting i focus more on my speed and power then my acuracy(i.e. i hit to the head and not specifically the eyesocket, temple, jaw, nose, etc.)

when i grapple i focus more on acuracy and power then speed.

i am sure that this list could go on for days

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, how about a poodle v.s. a Kodiak Bear. You completely failed to see my point, which is not at all surprising to me anymore. Of course in your scenarios power is going to be an issue. I am saying that all things being equal, I feel accuracy should be your main focus in your training.

And my body type has nothing to do with this. I too point fight, full contact fight, and used to kickbox. I DO understand that power is a commodity in these sports. However, in my opinion your accuracy should still come first.

AGREE TO DISAGREE THEN, CAUSE THIS IS GOING NOWHERE.

I'm done

...so what about speed?

being 'able' to hit a target isn't any good if you can't get there before your opponent has a chance to cover...

like it has been said (and mostly agreed on)

what is important changes depending on what you are doing or hoping to achieve.

all things being equal, it is none of the above that is most important.

all things beign equal, technique and judgement is most important.

it isn't about one dominating factor.

is is being able to execute a technique using the correct amount of force, using the correct speed and at the right target.

most importantly, it is about knowing what technique to use.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Hmm, if i were to strip the muscles from the bone, turn the bone into a chicken leg... maybe 10 pounds would break it... on a good day.

I do understand your argument bullydog. At least, i think i do. If i may, i think you're basically stating that if you apply 10 foot pounds appropriately, on a given arm, with what Delta1 said, about angle, etc, that it would break.

All things being perfect, i would agree. But, they are not, so i also don't follow such a belief. With muscles tense, the natural kneejerk response to being impacted, the absorbing nature of soft tissue, the difficulty in getting a straight-on perpendicular strike, the free flowing nature of limbs as they are, i would say it takes quite a bit more than just 10 foot pounds.

On the other hand, if i had the arm tied down, the muscles atrophied with drugs, and the person looking the other way prior to my striking... i just 'might' be able to use 10 foot pounds to snap it in two.

Yes, i'm being a pest. :brow:

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro