• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A good martial artist will never fight ?

Thanks for your comments.

I have seen these martial artists that you cannot look at in the eye.

If they choose for you to look away while you have eye contact with them, they can make you look away ( just by looking at you )

You may think I talking crap or this is in my head but i can assure you its not, I have seen it on several occasions and been party to it.

The basis for martial arts in my experience is gaining a higher level of conciousness. The fact that you can defend yourself on the way to this goal is a bonus.

Martial arts helps with gaining this state due to the fact that is Focuses the mind. Every time you focus the mind you create more chi everytime.

Once you can remain Focused at all times ( years of practice ) you automatically have a greater awareness ( you mind is fully here at all times ) and you are able to see and absorb more out of life.

I agree that if someone was to charge at you with a bottle prior to seeing or speaking to you then yes you would have no control over the outcome, BUT if you are in the higher state of awareness YOU KNOW that this would not happen.

What I am saying is once you have reached this Higher State of conciousness that you have far more control over your life and what happens than you think.

None of us no nothing really.

We use what 20% of our brains ?

Look into space how far does that go ?

Remeber everything in this world is Energy, every single form you see is nothing more than energy.

I am not here to argue, just to make a point on a path that I am following and confirm that Martial Arts is one of the best ways to do this.

If you know you will do a perfect kick evertime, you will. Its easy to say " I know this kick will be great" but its hard to REALLY know that the kick will be great.

If you have no concern about the outcome of the kick it will also be better.

Flame away im only trying to help you understand that you can get a whole lot more out of MA than you think.

MAD ? maybe I am

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flame? I think not.

Our guidelines prohibit flaming here. A little teasing, maybe. But absolutely NO flaming.

On this particular subject, I like to think about it sometimes. But it's a little too deep for me at this point in my training.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Smokey,

You are giving credit to things that have nothing to do with chi, but with self-confidence in opposition to lack of confidence. I.e., if i look at you with self-confidence and you hold significantly less confidence in yourself than i, you will feel intimidated and will likely be unable to look into my eyes for more than a few seconds. Also, as mentioned before, it has to do with hardness... of the willingness to commit to violence, regardless of the consequences. Essentially, we're talking about intimidation, which is a 'psychological' effect.

Chi has nothing to do with that. The longstanding problem with chi, hara, and all these other 'foreign' words used as symbols of ideas, is that they've become mystified over the ages, even moreso when carried over to the Western world, without said ideas being 'directly' translated.

Cutting to the chase, mysticism be damned. Scientific studies have been made on a variety of issues and it has been determined that the vast majority of 'magical/mystical' things presented over the centuries, have been parlour tricks. Walking over hot coals was shown to be a mere buildup of ash, which acted as insulators. Sleeping on a bed of nails was a simple issue of pounds per square inch, etc etc. Of those things that have shown promise, extensive scientific studies have been, and continue to be made on them. Such is how we learned to harness electricity, which was first noted with our conduction (static electricity, aka: friction induced electrical shock).

Returning to psychological effects, such as intimidation and feinting, our body is a complicated machine and therefore sensitive. It can be easily influenced by internal stimuli and by external stimuli. With some good 'head games,' one person can influence another to perform actions, either by intimidation, persuasion, coercion, temptation, hypnosis, and/or deceipt. There is very little 'magical or mystical' about all of that, even if it may 'look' as such.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Smokey, please re-read - I am not talking about an actual "bottle"

luckyboxer, you got it just right, i think the term "bottle" is a UK thing to be fair. I have met many people that scare the crap out of you and its got nothing to do with chi, as such. They have had no training in martial arts at all, they are just hard and it shows... In the Uk you would say I think he lost his bottle, ie he looked scared...

its a gamers life :)

Either consciously or subconsciously we pick up subtle body language messages from everyone we meet. Sometimes you can tell if someone is fit by the amount of fat their carrying, the spring in their step, their posture, their poise. I say sometimes because I've been surprised how fit and fast some seemingly overweight people can be. As for meeting and holding someone's gaze, that's a confidence thing and something you can practice, just like punching and pushups. No-one can turn your gaze away from theirs if you don't want to. You always have the choice. I'm sure if the person with all the chi was bashing your mom, you'd fight.

*edited a typo*

should i be pointing out that in the chinese meaning of things, "chi" has nothing to do with aura....?

i have a couple of question.

what are you studying, Smokey?

and on what do you base the initial statement of the thread on?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I agree with drunken monkey and I'd also like to know the art you study. The claims you make sound like they came from old zen tomes. Any explanation of how these things have worked in actual combat would be appreciated.

A Black Belt is just a white belt that don't know when to quit!

Smokey,

I agree that there is a presence with Martial Artists that helps, but I don't think it is quite what you envisage. I think the key is that people who attack others usually look for easy victims. Most martial artists appear confident, happy and aware and therefore, do not portray themselves as easy victims. In the event that someone has picked you for a specific reason though, this will not help and I completely agree with Luckyboxer that if someone has decided to attack you, your appearance will not make the difference. Appearance just helps to deter them from making that decision in the first place.

https://www.aacd.info

"Be like the essense of water"