• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A good martial artist will never fight ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YA its called hope you ropponent is on crack and sees flames from hell surrounding you and scares him into leaving...

btw I am sorry but I have to call * on this.

In some situations a confident posture and a person who carries himself in a way that appears to be formidable will deter attackers from making a move.

Once someone has engaged or decided to engage in a fight, I dont care how ugly or scary you can look, you are going to have to defend yourself

If you want to talk about CHI, perhaps this belongs in the internal arts section.

However, I agree that once someone makes up in their mind they are going to attack you, you need to be prepared to defend yourself.

KarateForums.com Sempai

lol Smokey, I am sorry but if you have super secret idea, maybe you should explain what you meant a little more, because all it sounds liek is you are talkihng about Ryu or Ken in the street fighter video game getting ready to toss a haydukken at you..

It really came across as ridiculous

Like i said there is something to be said about the way you carry yourself, and it is fairly obvious when some peopel can handle a situation and when some people cant just by looking at how they move... I would not contribute this to Chi, but rather getting to know your body and how it works...I look at Chi as the force you use when you are focusing on breaking a brick, or board, or ice, or getting ready to put your energy into a certain direction or pathway.

It doesnt have a physical manifestation that is visible in my opinion

luckyboxer, you got it just right, i think the term "bottle" is a UK thing to be fair. I have met many people that scare the crap out of you and its got nothing to do with chi, as such. They have had no training in martial arts at all, they are just hard and it shows... In the Uk you would say I think he lost his bottle, ie he looked scared...

its a gamers life :)