• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mugendo

Aitor

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
What do you know about Mugendo ??

Never heard of it. Why don't you tell us about it, maybe post some links.

Freedom isn't free!

• 2 weeks later...

Mugendo, the ultimate self defense system for mugs and muggers......LOL...just kidding.

Their web site states that "Mugendo is a contemporary martial arts system that emphasizes...." The style´s founder is Master sensei Meiji Suzuki. It is described as a modern martial art. Which was created when "After 25 years of martial art training and teaching Sensei Suzuki [suddenly?] realised that what he had been taught and was himself teaching was unnatural and inpractical ". If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that sentence or variations of it, I would be a rich man. The site describes Mugendo as a "modern martial art".

Just what the world needed, another modern martial art.

Have a look and see what you think, it may even be a good system who knows. Their site:

https://www.mudokai.com

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?

He has a 3rd degree black belt in Wado-Ryu. Seems he didn't like some of what was being taught in his system and decided to create something 'slightly' different. From all the photos, it looks like he still missed the mark, as it seems what he's teaching, this mugendo, is yet one more form of 'fancy pants' martial arts.

I also ran through the pics of some of their 60 black belts. Lots of kiddies in the ranks, as well as a few out of shape bbers. Some pretties as well, i might add. ;)

What really kills me about it though, is his rates. They're outrageous.

Pass...

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

WARNING McDojo Alert.

I have gone through the site with a little more care and I think that any rate for a place like this would be too high. Giving black belts to little kids and calling them senseis is just ridiculous and is an insult to the inteligence of any serious martial artist. Having said that, obviously this school is only aim is to attract people who have no knowledge of martial arts (MA virgins). It is possible that they teach some useful stuff, but a place like this is not for me.

I also don´t like the fact that these new "styles" imply or sometimes even say more directly, that the traditional martial arts don´t work. Yes, and of course we all know that in the old days in the Far East things were "very different" from today, nobody used fists and kicks and grappling to physically attack you. In those days if one was attacked, the weapon of choice for the assailants would usually be feathers and pillows. That is why the traditional martial arts don´t work because nowadays we are more likely to be attacked by punches and kicks. #&%*#$.

Aitor, what I have said is my personal opinion. If it was me I would stick to Shotokan only and get real good in it and then perhaps later on look for another art to compliment it, or perhaps not. In a good dojo and with a good sensei (preferably over 11 years old ...lol) you will benefit greatly........Shotokan has a lot to offer and it is a powerful system if studied correctly and with patience.

Wing Chun Kuen Man

Real traditional martial arts training is difficult to find.....most dojos in the west are Mcdojos....some are better and some are worst....but they are what they are....do you train in one?