• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cars

aefibird

oi, don't slate the fiesta.

the last one before the focus style redesign was actually quite fun to punt around.

let's not forget that the chassis was the basis for the supurb puma (which you guys never got in the states....hehe....).

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't compete against a camaro or a pontiac trans am but it i'm not complaining, fun to drive and with the huge traffic fines here in belgium i certainly don't need the additional horsepower :)

on-topic: I forgot but the ford puma was a long time on my wishing list of cars as well and not too expensive, too bad they don't come in convertible.

I would love to be just a few hours away from Germany's Autobahn!

Of course, I'd have to re-gear the rear end down to something like 2.73:1 ratio as that's more top speed driving than acceleration.

Still, I understand the roads are well kept and ultra-smooth! :brow:

One of these days...

My Trans Am had a top speed limit of 155 MPH programmed into the computer, but since I now own a re-programmer, I raised it to 300 MPH to get it out of the way. Hehe!

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

Hey D,

You able to reprogram any PROM? I am swapping out the 305 for a 350 in my Silverado and will eventually need to change/reprogram the PROM.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

ZR440 =>

http://www.fantasycars.com/Ford_Puma/Ford_Puma_Photos/ford_puma_photos.html

Just heard a story of a friend of mine. He'd tuned a toyota corola and went to germany a couple a weeks ago for a good test ride, when he got back in belgium he apparently didn't adjust his speed all too well, got caught by the police doing 67 km/h where the limit was 50. Result: a fine between 275€ and 1375€ (that's 334$ - 1672$) :o

So i'll just keep driving my snowmobile thank you :lol:

A Ford what? Puma? Never heard of it.

Aw, the Ford Puma was ace, I always wanted one of those.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

i talk about amazing chassis set up and the *typical* american guy talks about horsepower and engine size....

no offence intended but why do most americans like to talk of big numbers in their cars?

i don't get it.

here, there is a culture of guys who have their average cars who enjoy taking them to their very limits, using every single last horse power the engine can muster, teatering on the edge of what is possible for the car.

in seems like the american way is, if you want to go faster, forget driving skill, get a bigger engine....

i'm pretty sure this isn't the case but sometimes, it really seems like it is.

i once had a conversation with a guy who insisted that if he gets an elise, he would find a way to fit in a small block V8 so that it would be faster...

why???

honestly, i am fascinated.

why does every american car fan i talk to have the same answer for the question,

'how can i go faster?': stick a V8 in it...

pah!

my little yaris only has 69 bhp on a good day but i've had my fun at 100+mph with M3s and 911s on the A12 new road/M25 towards lakeside/dartford/bluewater!

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

We're not all like that DM. However I do see your point. I often get into a good natured argument with my 18 yr. old son who believes that more "Horse Power" is the answer to everything. I on the other hand say a skilled driver can take a race before horse power can. The "Elise" is a great little car that is all about weight and power. It's only 1975 lbs with only 190 HP I believe but can still go 0-60 in under 5 sec. If the guy manages to get a V8 in it, it would ruin the performance. The price isn't too bad on one of them either. :) Still too much for me though! :(

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi