• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

oh no..not more ki

markusan

From what I've read of traditional japanese martial arts texts, Ki seems to me to be more a description of an effect rather than a thing. In the same way that a "car" is a description of lots of parts all joined together, with a mind directing the assembly, ki is a combination of all the things that go to make a human action. When the muscles are trained, and the technique is well honed, and the mind is clear, the ki is strong.

What do you think?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read of traditional japanese martial arts texts, Ki seems to me to be more a description of an effect rather than a thing. In the same way that a "car" is a description of lots of parts all joined together, with a mind directing the assembly, ki is a combination of all the things that go to make a human action. When the muscles are trained, and the technique is well honed, and the mind is clear, the ki is strong.

What do you think?

Interesting...i've the same opinion....ki is often described as some special power....an unknown energy that can be pulled out with a strong meditation....but i believe that it's rather a mechanical combination of our body at its best....or something like you said. :wink:

"With a bit of imagination, kata can be deadly." - Hidy Ochiai

I have never seen any external emanation of ki other than what is delivered through body contact. It would take a lot to convince me that ki can be transmitted remotely.

I understand ki as the power of a person to freely use all of his or her physical strength to execute a technique. From what I have experienced myself and seen through teaching, the mind has a tendency to restrict the ki because of fear and delusion. Tha hardest thing to teach a beginner is not to do more but to do less. To execute a technique in the most efficient and powerful way rather than embellish itand reduce its efficacy. I think meditation and training help clear the mind and alow the body, to co-ordinate all it's energies, muscle, nerve etc to one end, that is delivering the technique. The more co-ordinated the action, the more ki. That is why I think ki is not one thing.

I am going to agree with you. You can't attain ki by just flicking your finger. Ki is something that run throughout your body and is formulated with your Haza i believe. I will check on the Haza part. Anyways, "Haza" is body centering and mind centering. This is the first steps. I think of Ki as a steps. That is my opinion

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

Quote:

Ki is something that run throughout your body and is formulated with your Haza I believe.

FYI: It's 'hara' 腹, which means stomach or abdomen.

It's said to be [ generated from / stored in ] the center of the body which is two inches below the navel.

Edited by JEM618

by definition, nothing you see in movies is real, it's flickering lights on a screen, and a lot that you see in real life is illusion or sleight of hand. If there was such a thing as what you say Governments would be spending a lot of money trying to exploit it.

The world sceptics association has had a huge reward on offer for years for any proof of psychic or paranormal activity. I think ki balls and such would qualify, but no one's collected yet. It speaks for itself.

I had a chance to visit "a place" last night, Tuesday night the 15th of June. I was shown things that I thought could not be done. Somethings on movies are real to a certain point. Not moving objects without touching them but objects can be moved a good distance with little force. I really had to see it with my own eyes (lol, my body) to believe. I do believe.