• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ditto

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Damn, unbelievable people can get away with that.

A very good way to give students there a false sence of security, "teaching" them "lethal" techniques, saying sparring isn't really necessary. How are you going to defend yourself with just kata's?

I wonder if the instructors there believe what they're doing is an effective MA, or just know they're emptying the pockets of the students there.

They probably don't care either way as long as the students turn up and the £££ keeps rolling in... :(

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

The thread was telling. For someone to tell you how selective they are, what a privilege it is to train there, and then make you feel like you have to be selected for this place is insulting. If it were so great they wouldn't have to tell you and they wouldn't need a sales center.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 1 month later...

I have an issue of karate/kung fu illustrated from 1986 that I picked up in a old mags section of a local MA store - it's got a bok fu pai write up with a master of the style - I man named doo wai.

"The West-Wind student is trained in every aspect of unarmed combat known to mankind; karatedo, kung-fu, jujitsu and boxing all share an integral part of the West-Wind curriculum"

that came from the west wind site... based on that, I'd say that this guy isn't teaching bak fu pai at all, but some hybrid mess that he created.

I was looking at their picture gallery and came across this:

http://www.westwindschools.com/images/images10/pages/finalpix0107-01.html

I hope the guy on the picture never plans on firing the gun in his right hand, don't think that would be healty and i have no idea why that stance is neccesary while holding two guns :-?

Anyway if the "kick door" theory ever comes to pass, i think this would be a great place to start with