• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Muay Thai low kick paralyze to the leg.

I have being study karate for a while now and my favorite kick is to the leg which hurst my oponent I done alot in classes and most of my sparring partner can't stand up probabely; Does anyone of you use this technique to make your opoponet uncomfortheble.

mostly I :karate: start punching then kicking then came the low kicks which works nicely for me.

I am a karate master, the way of balance, and the way of invisibility.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Low kicks flow well from punches, i usually use the opposite leg to do the kick of a punch e.g if i use the right to punch i throw a left low kick. THis helps you get your weight and hips behind the kick to make it powerful, also its more than "uncofortable" for the opponent.

You MUSt be careful though as you care in closer range than most other kicks that when you finish the kick you come back to guard quickly or do something else, you are vulnerable to punches just afterwards.

Seize the day!

I use leg kicks A LOT. They are very effective for many reasons, first of all, if they don't check, it hurts like crazy especially the fourth or fifth time to the same leg. It's also a great demoralizer and it makes them concentrate more on your leg kicks, opening them up for other things. After I've got em running from my leg kicks I like to raise my right knee, like I'm goning to kick again, and at the last moment shift my weight and throw an overhand right to the head. I catch a lot of people off guard like this. A lot of places and venues don't allow leg kicks and sweeps and therefore a lot of people really don't train for it all that well. When I'm working pads I have my partner throw leg kicks at me a lot, that way my leg checks are automatic and it's very hard to catch me with one as a result. Try kicking to the inner thigh of the lead leg too, some people don't expect this and if you land it, not only will it hurt, but with enough force it may even send them sprawling. Leg kicks are one of my favorite techniques.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!

Cut kick, normally if i fight with my partner in sparring I kicked near the neck area and when i do again so my oponent keep blocking the upper body and forgotten to block the leg, to bock the low kick one way is to stand your feet both face the oponent not the side or your oponet will low kicked your thigh back leg or inner thigh, or bring your front leg as a muay thai guard the same time but not the shin bit or you'll knocked each other shins, also if you fake a kicked a mt will blocked then you can do a cut kick.

I am a karate master, the way of balance, and the way of invisibility.

your talking about a few different strategies there.

attack and defence and faking attacks

In MT the shins do clash but you use the top of your shin if you are blocking on the middle if theirs.

Like hitting a stick with another one, if the one striking hits with the middle (weakest point) agains the end that is held of another stick, there is a chance the striking stick will break.

normally i use a punch combination before landing the low kick, the fake you mention works well.

but you cant use fakes many times cos they catch on, usually.

The thing with the low kick is to not just think of the single strike but to kit the target many times. after a few strikes your opponents attack and footowork will suffer, you can exploit this.

the continued attacks to the leg make openings upstairs. But remember if you strike and they show pain, you got your target, got for it.

Seize the day!

• 1 month later...

normally i use a punch combination before landing the low kick, the fake you mention works well.

but you cant use fakes many times cos they catch on, usually.

How's that if u use alot of fakes they do catch on but there's a good side to that when you follow threw with something and there expecting a fake then you got them :brow:

Things do NOT work because someone says they do. They work because YOU can do them!

another good side effect of landing several low leg kicks is that it fatigues the person you are fighting and they will end up flat footed, allowing you to manuever around to their weak side fairly easily.

Once a fighter has gone flat footed from leg kicks the fight is over... all that remains is heart

:o We should also discuss the dangers of low kicks which is breaking your foot or accidently wrecking someones knee. Wisemaster u do know that we kick with the shin and not the foot? I've seen a lot of fights end because someone threw a crappy low kick and ended up clutching a broken foot. In MT we practise lowkicks a lot for both accuracy and power and we also practice the proper blocks against low kicks as Mart says with the top of the shin. This is one of my favourite techniques, Stepping into the low kick with an aggressive upper shin block almost always causes the other guy a lot of pain. :bawling:

Donkey