Dijita

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah like rugby, American football WITHOUT the padding. Why is it the americans pad up for everything. Here the girls play hocley with no padding.

LOL, what a bunch of girlies :) lol

Hehe! Spoken like someone who has never been hit by a 250lb. - 300lb. behemoth running at full gallop straight at you!!

I've watched rugby, and you are right, you don't need padding when playing it. :D

In fact, sounds like the British women are far tougher then the men. :D

Khehehehe!

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

So Lopez, on 4th July will you be celebrating Independence day, the defeat of the martians by america?

No silly, on July 4th, I'll be celebrating how the Americans put those silly white wig-wearing Brits in their place. :)

But, if martians ever did attack the world, you know you're gonna call us. :D

Dean

Kuk Sool Won

Getting back to sports dialogue, the Irish have a sport that makes British rugby look like a bunch of nancies painting their toenails... :P

Dunno if anyone not Irish has heard of it, but it's called Hurling.

It's an awesome game, and has a HUGE following all over Ireland! I became a big fan of it when I visited Dublin.

Dean

Kuk Sool Won

As much as I would like to notify Warren Sapp of this topic, I will just ask that it be kept on-topic. And that was hockey, more specifically the Stanley Cup Finals.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Are the US and Canadian hockey seasons the same?

(chuckle! :P )

Yes. The NHL is composed of teams from cities in the US and Canada. Even the minor league AHL has teams from the US and Canada, but the AHL season ends a little before the NHL season ends.

Hockey is very popular here in Houston, believe it or not. We have an AHL team, the Aeros, that won the Calder Cup a year ago. That was cool!

DOH! Somewhere in the back of my head, I knew that. Shows you how much I care about hockey :lol:

Seriously, though, I haven't heard one word about hockey in quite some time. That movie Miracle came out and my school made me watch it...but that's it. I mean, I don't pay attention to sports at all...I haven't watched the super bowl in years, and probably couldn't tell you who won. But at least I know that football season had come around, when the super bowl was on, and was aware of March Madness and all the basketball stuff.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Yeah, Hockey is awesome!!! It's HUGE in Canada. I can't even describe how crazy it was in Calgary these last two months! It's just been like a mardi-gras meets Stampede, every single night. It's kind of funny because when I'm reading the newspapers they sometimes mention some American who comes up to visit and they are just flabergasted at how crazy this city is about hockey.

Almost every car in this city sports a Calgary Flames flag... everyone's clad in red, some people have been painting their houses, cars, fences, dogs in a Calgary Flames theme. Every game day, a km of 17th Ave was shut down, and people drug out TVs and couches into the streets, the bars piled up and this entire city watched the games together... and once the game was over... the street was flooded with 40 thousand fans. Even the saddle dome piled up to full capacity when the Flames were on the ROAD!

I love this sport, I love our team, and I love our city.

We're a little like that too. The parades held in Detroit after winning the Cup three times in the past decade have attracted about a million people each time. The Wings practice camp is located about 5 minutes away from where I'm at now. Some people camp out in the parking lot of the facility just to get tickets to it. I've scored some good autographs after their practices (Yzerman, Federov, Lidstrom, etc.), but there's so many people crowding around it's a hassle. But worth it.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.