Joecooke007

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes sanchin is a very complex kata when you break it down . it means 3 balltes or conflicts . that could mean mind body and spirt , or head torso and leggs (if you look at the dynamics of the kata , leggs tight breathing correct head straight ) I enjoy this kata very much even thought im toatly spent after running it .

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

Thanks everyone and I have started learning the kata.

You know Ronryu I think when a kata is properly done that is how we are supposed to feel. I have been doing a lot of work with Tekki shodan and nidan and when I really work that is how I feel. Anytime I do kata and really put all I have into it that is how I feel afterward. It is a good feeling. And I think a bit addictive.

Sai

Yes that is the way i feel when i run kata as well you want to reach a type of moveing meditation . However it is not an easy thing to do sometimes i will still catch myself if im angery running the kata really powerful but not proper . But i will get there one day .

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

I like to practice kata in different ways. Sometimes I do them slowly concentrating on the stance and the precision of the hand/arm movements. Sometimes I will pick one apart and do segments over and over and over. Particularly usefull for problem areas.

Sometimes I do them as fast as I can. Usually though my form is not the best then. Sometimes I try to do them with as much power as I can - that is when they look the best.

I really like to visualize too. And a few times I have tried to do kata blindfolded. That really shows up how precise your turns are or aren't when you end up facing the wrong direction at the end of the kata.

• 2 weeks later...

On second thoughts don't ask Angus what he thinks of Goju Ryu Karate, cos he'll tell u that it's the weakest fighting art known to mankind. He'll also tell u how he studied under a 7th dan master for 6 months and how he ended up getting into a verbal brawl with one of the senseis.

He'll then burst in an uncontrollable fit of anger and start smashing things against his head.

Angus :kaioken:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 1 year later...
Good Luck, Buddy.

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?