Joecooke007

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I am a Shodan in Motobu ha ****o ryu karate and we also practice the same naha kata as the Goju ryu systems with only slight differences i recently had the opertunity to attend a seminar conducted by Higaonna Morio Sensei. It was great he is an awsome Instructor. if i can help let me know .

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

• 3 weeks later...

I am taking Okinawan Go Jo Ryu in Northern Virginia. I will tell you it is a lot of hard work but fun at the same time. The Sensi I have also teachs Gojitsu. Which is a self-defense if your choked you do this or your grabed you do this. It is a long progression. If you have any question feel free to email me or post again and I will try to answer some of your questions. Good luck. I highly reccomend this art form.

"Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow." ~Unkown

Hey everyone, i practice Shuri-Ryu, it is very similar to Goju Ryu. I was wondering if any of you guys do the kata Sanchin? Talk to ya later!

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

i study Shi to ryu and we do a verison of sanchin but i also had the opertunity to learn miyagi sanchin and higiaonna sanchin the deifference is in miyagi sanchin you take 3 steps foward and 3 steps straight back . in higiaonna sanchin you take 3 steps foward then turn 3 steps back then tun and 1 step foward and 2 steps back .

Karate is not a sport , it is a way of life .

Sandan Motobu ha Shi-to ryu karate

Katsu ryu kempo

Ryukyu kobudo

Sweet! I must say, Sanchin katas are the key to good karate!!! please post more about your sanchin, i would love feedback, please email kiai75@hotmail.com if you want to talk about karate or other martial arts, my sn is RoninX86 on aim, so long!

[ This Message was edited by: XPhantasmatic on 2001-12-22 20:39 ]

I went to 3rd kyu in shi-to ryu before I swithched to shotokan.

I have read some about the kata sanchin and I think it would be interesting to learn.

I would love to hear more about the kata from those who practice it.

Sai