• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In what way have you changed(positively) your character?

Jade

really Dijita, is that what they do in KK .

Teach you to sit there and not move until the job is done. No wonder they are so easy to beat. lol :)

you set yourself up for that one. :)

Seize the day!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martial Arts has made an enormous change in my life. I have more confidence, I'm fitter, I feel happier when I'm training, I have more discipline (in myself) and I'm likely to stick with stuff longer now.

However, that's just me. I think that MA has changed my life - for some people it perhaps won't.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I will use the KISS principle. I think Karate has (HELPED) to build and strengthen my character to a degree.

The strongest principle in human growth lies in human choice (Alexander Chase).

Martial Arts has helped my to be more confident and assertive in my character. It has helped my to think of myself with more dignity, and to carry myself that way. My training has also helped me to let off steam on the right things.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

Martial Arts, directly, hasn't influenced me that much. My training was more of a catalyst to improvement (mostly physical). Well, I am a lot more flexible.. and that's only due to MA. In Character development, hm, well I've got more confidence when it comes to beating people up :) Other than that, I really don't think it changed me much.

But I think I remember I made a thread a long time ago about how martial arts changed me so much, but as I look back on it, I really don't think it did. I don't know, I may be a complete hypocrite but not even aware of it.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

I think it has DEFINATELY changed my life and helped me grow as a person. Mainly, I gained confidence and realized I was strong.

Nowadays, I don't deal with crapola from anyone. Especially not from men.

I usually used to deal with guys who weren't good enough for me. They didn't respect my lifestyle choices, my time, my feelings, none of that. I realize now that I don't *need* anyone to fulfill me as a person other than myself. I like having men around cause they're just so much fun, so I still date, and I date a LOT of them. But I do it because they all last such a short amount of time because they turn lame. I'm not saying all guys do this, but a lot do. They start out totally great and perfect, but then they get comfortable and start flaking out. Whereas before I would have stayed at home crying about it, now I just walk away and let them pay for their crimes (then they write me crazy emails about not wanting me to be "the one that got away" :P ). I know there are good ones out there, so I'll keep looking and refuse to settle.

Also, since I was 13 years old I had an eating disorder. It had tapered off a little bit after I turned 19 or so, but it was still very present in my thoughts. I would turn to disordered eating activities when I was seriously upset, or even mildly upset, but with no better way to cope. Since starting karate, I have had absolutely no urges to do that to myself again. I still look at my body and wish it was slightly different, but instead of seeing my body as a hinderance like before, I see it as a tool.

I have never felt this good in my whole life.

Nowadays, I don't deal with crapola from anyone. Especially not from men.

*static* Bravo, report in, we have a possible feminist in the making *static*

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill