• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In what way have you changed(positively) your character?

Jade

As for the point of how is it different from tennis etc, i know this wasnt the original point of the thread but i want to answer it....

There arent any other sports,whatever you want to call it, that have the opponent actively trying to hurt you.

Even rugby or american football that isnt the aim.

So this much more personal battle against your opponent breeds a change of character in most cases that IS difffernt from sports such as tennis.

When presented with this kind of challenge the mind makes changes that are different to those of a normal sportsman.

What these things are is a dicussion in itself but i thought i would make the point none the less.

Seize the day!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys...you're missing my true question...

I agree with this:

True, other things can change a person. And some of us don't need changing that much. :D And nothing will change some people. Doesn't invalidate the effectiveness of MA's in helping to better ourselves.

As Delta1 said...that depends on the person...i was asking if anyone felt to be changed(even a little) after years of MAs training(in my case Shotokan).

It's true that i mentioned that you usually read(on the web, books, articles etc..) that the martial arts can improve a person character...but that not true for everyone of course. This world is so various...maybe you'll never find MA helpful for your character and i respect all other opinions BUT...this wasn't the thread discussion. :wink: :D

"With a bit of imagination, kata can be deadly." - Hidy Ochiai

i'm not getting 'het up'.

i still see things being attributed to jade and then jade being abused because of those things.

it annoys me more because the person who attributed the statements is the one doing the abusing.

i don't have any issues with what's been said.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

They missed my point Drunken Monk...one or two persons really answered my question. :-?

just curious, where did you get the chinese characters from?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Poor Jade. I'm ruining her thread with this to-ing and fro-ing.

Drunken Monkey: saying 'See?' suggests getting het up. At least, that's

what I would be feeling if I said that. No offence intended.

i still see things being attributed to jade and then jade being abused because of those things.

it annoys me more because the person who attributed the statements is the one doing the abusing.

Um, I agreed with you on this.

Martial arts changed me, im now a monster of a man that eats women for breakfast.

aarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

I have less patience, im more caring, i dont take cr@p from people, um i say what i think more.

Seize the day!

Poor Jade. I'm ruining her thread with this to-ing and fro-ing.

No need to excuse. We are just discussing different point of views.

Well, when I'm in martial arts, I find that I am able to focus my energy a lot better now. I'm known to be preety scatter brained. I'll sit down to finish a task and I'll get sidetracked and do something else. Kyokushin for some reason has helped me to focus a lot better to sit down and not move until the task at hand is completed.