• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training per week

i do about 5 hours of weapon training each week(sword nunchaku and a little bit of bo) as well as going to the gym every other day for about 45 minutes. i go to class for only an hour or two every week but they are very well constructed half hour private lessons at a time so its like the equivalent of 3-5 hours of normal classes easy. so all in all

5 hours of weapon training

3 hours of gym time (running and weights)

1-2 hours of private instruction

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently about 5 times a week not including home workouts. About three times at TKD and 2 times at Karate.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I train every day, for 2-3 hours, not including gym time. I train muay thai 2 days per week in class, and two days or more outside of class with coach. I also train judo two days per week and bjj 2-3 days per week.

Hey!

I train a round about of seven hours a day. Hopefully soon it will b more!

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

• 2 weeks later...

now im depressed .... :o

I train on monday nights in kenpo karate from 7PM - 9PM then hit the gym for a 30 min cardio session.(I am in the gym at 6AM for a 1 hour weight training workout)

I train on tuesday nights in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu from 6PM -7:30PM, then teach kenpo karate from 7:30PM - 9PM, then I do my Muay Thai workout from 9PM - 10PM

I train in Kenpo Karate on wednesday night from 7PM - 9PM then hit the gym for a 30 min cardio session..(I am in the gym at 6AM for a 1 hour weight training workout)

I train thursday night in Brazilian Jiu Jistu from 6PM - 7:30PM and then teach Kenpo Karate from 7:30PM - 9PM, then do my 1 hour Muay Thai workout after that.

Fridays are off (WOOT!)

Saturday I teach Karate classes from 11AM - 3PM, then hit the gym for an hour to an hour and half for weight training.

Sundays are off (WOOT)

TCC every morning, and CLF 1 hour every other day.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

I train in Shotokan Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri for 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours each session in the dojo. I also teach for an hour on Mondays and an hour & 1/2 on Saturdays.

Thursdays I train in freestyle self defence techniques (when I can make it to to dojo) for an hour.

Sundays I train in Aikido for 2 hours (although not at the moment as my instructor has had to temporarily stop teaching :().

I also train at home when I have the time.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I train karate for about 9 hours a week, but next two weeks it's gonna be 7 hours per day... Yeeeha! Can't wait!

I also try and go running 4 times in a week.

Otherwise, if I need to relax (or if I don't feel like studying or doing whatever I was supposed to be doing :)) I practice kata in the back garden. And only one neighbour doesn't think I'm crazy, but he's an ex cop and he used to train judo or something.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

I usually train Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights for 2 hours, then on a Sunday for 3hours at my dojo. I do an hours worth of exercises to increase my flexibility when i get in from college everynight, and after karate (usually finishes at 8) i go to the gym for 2 hours and just use treadmills, and light weights. If im training for a competition i will usually train at home in my garage (got a punch bag, few weights etc) in most of my spare time.

I try and make as many lessons as possible because i luv the sport and the people who i train with, i think its a better use of my time than going out and just hanging round the streets achieving nothing, or going out and getting drunk (also its a cheaper option lol :P )

1st dan black belt- shotokan karate