• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Bruce Lee didn't perform the one inch punch properly.. He only used the top half of his body, his foot stance was wrong," - Sorry bud that's hogwash! Maybe he didn't use the footwork you expected to see but I can assure you his lower body WAS used - a lot. do some web searches on "pole punches" and the "Bow hip". Patrick Strong would be a good place to start.

Anyway - back to the original question....

Developing inner strength.... Hard physical athletic training, against non compliant opponents. THAT will build more inner strength than sitting crossed legged under a waterfall thinking "me me me me".

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Developing inner strength, indomitable spirit, or kokoro as it is referred to by some far easter countries, can be found inside yourself through many methods.

Try training barefoot in snow, or wading waist deep into freezing cold water. Poor freezing water over your head and very occasionally(once or maybe twice a year tops), push yourself in training so hard that you realise your new potention and abilities, make it so gruelling you feel sick and the possibility of being physically sick comes into play. Continue pushing yourself for a while.

An example of this would be practicing blocking for 6 hours solid, maintaining a high intensity throughout. Really tough.

Bringing yourself to meet challenges before you would have thought of as impossible, and dominating some of your worst fears will all help to develop inner strength.

And YODA, I sat crosslegged in the rain on Saturday after some damn hard training(also in the rain) it was really relaxing and felt good, felt like the rain was washing away all the 'bad stuff' from me. Then I felt hailstones, so I decided I'd better go. :lol:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com