• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

acheiving your inner strength?

ad

hey,

im sure you will all agree that there is a very spiritual side and philasophical one towards general martial arts, i always wondered about how these great martial artists achieve their inner strength, or chi, correct me if im wrong :wink:, i noticed how this gave an extra physical and spiritual side when fighting, i wanted to ask whether how it is possible to acheive it, i would be grateful wit any input

-ad :karate:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it t has to come within you but you know it's there but it would be hard to get it not sure axaccly :smile:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

I'm not so sure over the existance of Chi to the degree of raising your hands temperate, unlockable elbow etc. but I do believe in self-discipline... having the mental strength to continue doing a few more reps on those weights even when you think you can't, or to carry on running for another minute when you feel that you can't... getting that discipline is good

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

its really hard to calm your senses

i mean i believe bruce lee, used his own chi to bring those devastating side kicks and that unforgetable one inch punch

i believe inner strength is another word for an adrenalin rush??,

scientist did tests on a woman, who manged to lift a 700lb car which was on top of his son, when in reality she could only lift 60lb max in lets say for shopping

adrenaline is a very powerful inner strength

though i feel what i have said is not what chi is

please excuse me for my mistakes :wink:,

please keep the info commin in :wink:

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

Ad you ask very hard questions for one so young. Actually you are asking a very good question that I am sure many of us have pondered. I don't think there are any easy or pat answers.

I have had the privelage of meeting a few people with very great inner strenght. They were all very quiet, humble people. And they all had at their core a very strong belief in something. Their outer strenght came from an inner strength.

They have all also had great self discipline.

This may not help your question. But at least you know others wonder too.

Sai

Bruce Lee's one inch punch wasn't a result of some mystical spiritual energy, it's a result of him using his own energy in the right way, by controlling his stance and putting his whole body into his punch, he got that power. Kind of like the same way boxers get there strong punches

Well no one is born with inner strenght. It is developed over time. Maybe start with a few minutes of quiet inner meditation every day. Begin the discipline of meditations and be consistent.

Many believe that is where inner power comes from. I think the first step is learning to quiet the mind.

I use to do visualization techniques and was much more aware of my inner state when I did this every day. Your question reminded me of a lack in my training. I need to return to regular scheduled quiet time for inner training.

hey

meditation really did seem to put thoughts into my head, but what is chi, and what can chi physicaly perfrom, or is chi jus the same as advanced physics, - ways of hows to apply your body more into a punch?

anyways thnx for the replys

-ad :karate:

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old