• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokoshin knee to the head

Mart

I got this Karate video the other day which was mainly shotokan but had a sectin devoted to KK. I noticed some of the guys using knee to the head very effectively in punching range.

They would counter a punch with it.

Normally in MT the knee to the head is done in the clinch or as a jump knee.

I was really impressed with this and im going to start adding it to my training. I can see how its being used so i can just implement it and the technique looks the same. I never thougth of using it quite like that.

I will introduce it to sparring down the gym and see if it catches on.

Seize the day!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In May when I was at the Canadians, the guy that won the male open division, won a fight by kneeing his oponent to the head. The guy was hurting and he went down instantly. It was beautiful because it was so unexpected. When I get the video onto my computer, I'll see if I can make a video clip of it and post a link to it, if you want.

Yes please that would be great, it would be cool for the other thai boxers to see as well so they can see what i mean.

Seize the day!

I think I know the technique you are speaking of, I saw it on a web site somewhere although I've been to so many KK websites recently that I really cannot remember where. The only problem I see with using this technique in MT is that because MT fighters are so well trained in the clinch, it's goin to be difficult to get a MT fighter of any skill to let you get his head the way that fighter got the other fighters head. Keep in mind, I may not be referring to the same technique you are. I would like to see that video though just to be sure. I do think however that it could easily be converted into a nice jumping round knee to the sternum.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!

that's cool, sounds interesting. If anyone has an example of the technique he mentioned, I'd really like to check it out.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!

• 2 weeks later...

Our dojo took 1st, 2cnd and 3rd palce at an open tournament in San Diego last year - all with knee kicks to the face :)

It's a beautiful move and doesn't have to be executed that hard.

Just fast hit to the jaw and it's lights out.

Osu!

ET