• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Full Contact

sansoouser

What are the rules in full contact karate and do you have any sites where I can see clips of fighting?

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I guess it depends on what style. I'm sure the rules of contact fighting are different in different tournements.

Here's a GREAT link with the full rules for Kyokushin:

http://www.kyokushinmail.com/kshin_competition.html

To sum up, you can win either through a point or through judges decision. A point is awarded for hitting someone hard enough that they are unable to continue fighting for more than 3 seconds ie: winding them, or a KO. A foul is hitting someone in the groin, a strike to the face using hands or elbow, or striking to the knees. If no point is awarded after the 2-3 min bout, then the judges decide who wins.

Our tournements are fought without protection (no shin, hand, head guards). Unless you fight in color belt division (beginner) where it is mandatory for head gear, and optional shin and groin cup.

But like I said, I'm sure every style has different rules.

In RyuTe, we wear the same head gear, chest protector, and gloves used in kendo sparring. Full contact is very hard and light taekwondo/hapkido gear will not stand up to the abuse. Blows go to the gear, blows must be full power, matches go to three points or three minutes. I've been to invitationals that go to five points. Unless the blow is real solid, it will not count.

Know thyself.

Hapkido practitioners dont usually spar due to the fact that grappling at full speed and power without knowing what to expect can end up in severe injuries...some do do it however after black belt.

Long Live the Fighters!

In RyuTe, we wear the same head gear, chest protector, and gloves used in kendo sparring. Full contact is very hard and light taekwondo/hapkido gear will not stand up to the abuse. Blows go to the gear, blows must be full power, matches go to three points or three minutes. I've been to invitationals that go to five points. Unless the blow is real solid, it will not count.

Why not wear no gear like us Kyokushin practitioners and Muay Thai fighters? :brow: