• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how about aikido for a big guy? anyone do it now? anyone big that does it? i checked out alot of schools and this one that does aikido is great. everyone was so nice to me. and the monthly dues is only $25.00 per month.they tell me its not a school but a club thats non profit, and thats why it cost so little. i would like to here some thoughts........thanks................jimmy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

That may be a good choice for you Jimmyprince. I remember reading an interview with Steven Seagal about how he chose akido. It seems he wanted to learn something but not really something about just beating the crap out of someone. He found an attraction of using the energy of their attack to divert them attractive.

Best bishes in what ever you choose.

According to the Japanese the best body shape for aikido is long torso, short legs (the Japanese body shape suprisingly!) but some of the best foreign aikidoka in the world are tall. Because aikido doesn't rely on strength you can do it whether you're young, old, short or tall. A woman who practises at my club is only 5'2" but has the most vicious gedan-ate, boy is she powerful! :smile:

"Those who shun illusion for reality, who meditate on walls and the loss of self and other, on the unity of mortal and sage, and are undeterred by written holy words are in accord with the faculty of reason."

Bodhidharma

[ This Message was edited by: Aikidoka on 2001-12-07 02:51 ]

moobrack,

Since when has price indicated anything about quality. Best sensei I have ever worked with let us camp out on his floor one weekend a month and trained us for 8hours a day for no charge.

And to think I could have thrown down $5000 for S.C.A.R.S. training. Then I'd really be a bad ass. Or maybe I could sign a contract at a WTF school for 5 years and 4 figure testing fees for Dan ranks. Then I'd know I was getting great training!!