• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations to Kyokushin Karate.

TJS

That's not true, unless the gloves are made of something solid. If what you are saying was true, what the hell is the point in professional boxing having gloves? Without gloves, people would be getting killed.

Oh, and yeah, you kk fighters wouldn't stand a chance against a shotokan stylist :) I'm gonna go back to my hitting air, chambering my punches at the waist, minimal contact sparring and doing more kata than kumite now. ;)

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL flainling limbs your reallly funny.

Gloves were put in to stop face cuts and hand cuts. There is less blood. You cant have much of fight career if your face is covered in scar tissue which opens easily.

The extra weight of the glove gives you greater force. If you have ever fought with gloves you would know that it is worse with gloves on.

The eextra masss moves your head more which affects your brain. Bare knuckle damages your skin more but doesnt rock you so much.

Moving and bashing the brain is much more dangerous and yes there is a movement to remove the gloves and go back to bare knuckle or close to it.

Seize the day!

Oh, and yeah, you kk fighters wouldn't stand a chance against a shotokan stylist :) I'm gonna go back to my hitting air, chambering my punches at the waist, minimal contact sparring and doing more kata than kumite now. ;)

FlailingLimbs ... I know there are some differences between our style and KK, but we should keep a respectful tone. I have got all the respect for this style for some qualities Shotokan didn't emphasize, but since I train Shotokan it means I find it more suitable for me.

And as for shotomen beating kyokushin guys ... that's childish. You could have the unpleasant surprise of findign some fighters to give you a very hard time or you could be lucky to find someone who's not that good. It doesn't mean a certain style sucks, just because a practitioner got beaten, although in a way we represent our styles and are kinda responsible for it's image.

OK. I'mm ranting now ...

The idea is to keep an open mind and realise what's good for me may not be for others.

Regarding the gloves .. I like wearing them. Otherwise I tend to keep myself from punching at jodan level. I really hate to give somebody a black eye. So when I want some fun I put the gloves and kill them. Gloves (ours in Shotokan are not full gloves, they cover the knuckle area) are indeed an aditional weight and don't feel that good in your face as I thought before .. still it's more "pleasant"

Gloves are also a shock absorber, much like a helmet... so the force will be absorbed and not be 100% of what the punch could have been.

Just out of curiosity do MT tournements allow elbows to the face/head? I can't believe how deadly those are.