• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA Changed my Life

Martial Art has an influence on peoples Lives. Like Karate for example has a set of principals for us to follow.

"To be elated at success, and dissappointed at defeat, is to be the child of Circumstances."

I wish I followed that rule! ^^ I hate Losing!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was physically the same since starting university and going to work (about 8 years). I matured mentally during that time but have remained basically the same person.

After 18 months of martial arts I am fitter, stronger, more flexible, my back is stronger, I am more confident and generally happier. I used to go to a chiropractor once a month, now it is once or twice a year.

I can say for certain that martial arts changes your life for the better.

I have, and that's one of the main reasons I am coming back to the MA Life. I happy you shared that. I noticed years ago when I attended school, after my 3rd year much of what you said was happining. Keep up the good work and you'll be amazed at what comes your way.

You must be stable and balanced in your foot work, if you have to use your martial knowledge in combat, your intent should be to win. If you do strike, you must release great power! The martial arts are easy to learn, but difficult to correct.

I certainly feel that MA has changed my life - it's given me a lot more confidence for a start. Plus, it's helped me to be more motivated and also get fitter.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Martial Arts is great for promoting esteem and confidence, as most sports do. When I trained in Hapkido, I felt empowered, like I could take out anybody in a fight.

If your enemy refuses to be humbled......you must destroy him.

i started Shotokan karate at the age of 12, simply because my friends did it and i have never looke back since. They dropped out about 6 month after we started together, but i loved it so much that i stuck with it. At the time i started i was getting bullied and it just made me feel better being there as if it was somewhere that i didnt have to shy away from doing something because i was scared that i was going to be ridiculed for it. Just being in my dojo made me feel better it was as if it was somewhere that i could escape to.

I noticed that i became alot more fitter and more energetic, but i was still getting bullied, and i was suffering from an eating disorder by the age of 13 and a half. To be honest i wasn't aware of what i was doing to myself and i didnt notice the change in me, but my friends at karate my instructo-my friend noticed and helped me through it all. So to me, its not just the physical side to it or the discipline that makes it an attractive sport, its also the support you gain from your fellow students- your friends. My instructor has became like a father to me over the last 5 years, helping me through allsorts of problems.

Now i enjoy karate because of the people who are there and the fact that i can help them learn and understand what they are doing etc. But i also enjoy the physical aspect of it, i luv the feeling after a hard work out (may not be liking i the next day like when im all aching) but the feelings just great. And also just my sheer love for the sport!

1st dan black belt- shotokan karate

i started Shotokan karate at the age of 12, simply because my friends did it and i have never looked back since. They dropped out about 6 month after we started together, but i loved it so much that i stuck with it. At the time i started i was getting bullied and it just made me feel better being there as if it was somewhere that i didnt have to shy away from doing something because i was scared that i was going to be ridiculed for it. Just being in my dojo made me feel better it was as if it was somewhere that i could escape to.

I noticed that i became alot more fitter and more energetic, but i was still getting bullied, and i was suffering from an eating disorder by the age of 13 and a half. To be honest i wasn't aware of what i was doing to myself and i didnt notice the change in me, but my friends at karate my instructo-my friend noticed and helped me through it all. So to me, its not just the physical side to it or the discipline that makes it an attractive sport, its also the support you gain from your fellow students- your friends. My instructor has became like a father to me over the last 5 years, helping me through allsorts of problems.

Now i enjoy karate because of the people who are there and the fact that i can help them learn and understand what they are doing etc. But i also enjoy the physical aspect of it, i luv the feeling after a hard work out (may not be liking i the next day like when im all aching) but the feelings just great. And also just my sheer love for the sport!

1st dan black belt- shotokan karate

It's only been since I took a break from MA's that I noticed a change; I feel slower, lazier, less confident, and in much worse shape. Now, these changes aren't just because I've stopped training, but it is the main reason.

The day I began MA I weighed 250 lbs., had a body fat percentage of 43, took high blood pressure medicine, my cholestoral was 220+, and my resting pulse was 82.

Today, 2 years later, I weigh 230 lbs., with 18.5% body fat, I'm off the medicine with a average BP of 110/65, my cholestoral is 160, and my resting pulse is 60-62.

MA has changed my life forever. I never understood it, until I started doing it.