aefibird

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basic katas: tac form one, side stance one, and quick form one.

and breaking. tried for the first time on wednesday...one 1&5/8ths in. cement brick with a palm strike...couldnt get 2. Broke the top one on the first attempt at 2, broke the bottom one on the second attempt. I have to do 2 each hand and one head break for my next belt.

and body hardening...primarily my shins. The bo staff on the shins is killing me. Any tips on how to harden them up on my own?

My sensei told me I'll have to get ready for a brisky little thing called "Teno-mon"

Ten no mon. Gates of Heaven. Yes, I'd like to practice this more, too. Hardly ever get a chance to, though. I was wondering.. is this practice particular to our stile of Shotokan or are there other stiles out there who do this practice, too? Anyone..??

i was just elected to Vice President of the MMAA, Misawa Martial Arts Association....so i have alot of paper work and stuff to prepare just to start up some seminars and tournaments....yet i am still working on my breaking demo ,,,,i have lots of cool ideas to throw in there...Still working on the upper levels of meditation toward reaching total enlightenment....yep always working.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I am trying to be less robotic when doing Kata as I try to learn my next tournament form (Psai Show).

For Kumite speed and cobos. Need a lot of work here. :-(

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

i was just elected to Vice President of the MMAA, Misawa Martial Arts Association

Congratulations on your appointment granmasterchen! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Right now I'm working on kata and kumite for the USAKF Nationals. I'm mainly working on getting out after I attack. I always seem to forget that...

And I'm working on bassai dai and zianchin. (The spelling of those are way off.) And I'm working on hiean godan, because my sensai is not sure of which kata I'm going to be allowed to do for nationals, he doesn't really want me going in there doing black belt level katas as a green belt...yeah. I drifted off topic there...

i've been working on my spinning hook kick... and my back kick (i'm about to get my green belt but I still can't get any power on it) any tips?

God grant me the sirenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Yellow Belt