• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just make sure that it's Budo Taijutsu you are taking and you can check their credentials.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you kidding me? the ninjas and the samurai were never associated with one another, they were against one another. and to be a 'ninja' didnt mean you were even a warrior, it was an entire group of people.

a broken arm throws no punches

why would they be against one another?

are there documented fueds/fights/battles between ninjas and samurai?

how about a little background info for the reasons behind your coments?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

It was known to be pretigious for a Lord to have a Ninja amongst his Samurai. So basically they did exist together, they were never against eachother, because Ninja did not ever desire to rule like the Samurai did. They weren't enemies, I don't know where you got that from. Yes Ninja fought Samurai if they had to, but they were probably being paid by other Samurai to do it.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 4 weeks later...

I would say Ninja, but that is because I study Ninjutsu, although I have good reason to say Ninja otherwise.

The Samurai were power driven, and followed the Bushido (Warriors Honour Code). Basically, if they failed a mission, they would commit seppuku using their tanto. (Opening their stomach with their shorter blade). The ninja did not have a honour code. They were there to get the job done, at any cost. If they failed, so what. They would just go home and that's that. Also, a Samurai considered a sword as his soul mate. He lived through it. Samurai mainly used the sword, but Ninja's were profficient in many other weapons as well. The Ninja's sword was considered more of a tool, and it could be used as a prying tool, as a hammer, etc. But yeah, Ninjas were skilled with the Staff, quarter staff, Nunchaku, Sai, and every other thing that could be used as an offensive/defensive weapon.

Ah yeah, one other thing, Ninja's were not rich. They were peasants and farmers. The infamous black ninja suit was not always worn by the ninja warrior, as a matter of fact, the ninja most often wore the clothing of their enemy, or they wore clothing that made them appear unimportant.

Throughout history, the Samurai hunted down the ninja. Because the ninja were so effective, the art of ninjutsu was banned, and anyone caught practising ninjutsu was killed. This is also why not much is known about the ninja; back then nobody wanted to write about ninjas, because writing about the "Noble Samurais" was a better career move.

Whew, thats a lot for my first post here. I need a rest.

Although an entertaining read, i must admit... it doesn't sound very close to much of the information i've read or been informed of on the subject.

What are your sources?

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

hey guys, i keep having this vague memory of something about the ninjas being very much seeped in religion and have some kind of hand signal/greeting to represent their stage of 'enlightenment' as it were.

can anyone help?

cheers.

monkey.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

had to look back to a speech i had to do a long time ago, but are you reffering to kuji-in? i think that does the hand signal thing, but i thought it was more meditative "this-will-bring-me-closer-to-the-elements" sort of thing.

interestingly enough, in response to WenFox's post (welcome aboard) i have here this copy of Comprehensive Asian Fighting Arts (Donn F. Draeger and Robert W. Smith), which says more often than not they were disguised as a traveling actor, an itinerant priest, a mountain priest, a buddhist priest, a traveling entertainer, a farmer type, or a merchant. take everything i say with a grain of salt, though, i'm by no means a ninja expert and could very well be full of it. as far as ninja's go i'm fairly content just watching bad movies and videogames and such :P

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai