• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never said the ninjas would "womp on" the samurai because they were 5 foot fat men. i was just describing them as 5 foot fat men...

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee

It sounded pretty clear to me that you thought the samurai would lose. although samurai were technically trained more combatively that ninja. ninja were strong warriors but primarily into stealth and assassinations. you have to understand that samurai were very powerful warriors skilled also with many different weapons and unless the shinobi was a former samurai on an average basis i just cant see the samurai losing.

ninjas got the speed and agility advantage. the samurai just knew their weapons. if the samurai had no weapon, and the ninja was also unarmed, it would be no contest.

"Give me back my sandals or i'm keeping your nephew's hamster..."- Bruce Lee

...i wouldnt say that. they werent really all that much faster. you are making a generalization about all samurai. u forget that if a samurai was a 5 foot fat guy...it doesnt mean that all were 5 foot fat guys.u are mentioning qualities that vary from person to person. but it is a fact that the samurai studied much more into combatative arts. remember now we are talking about a contest of who would win in a fight(at least i am). i am not saying that there werent shinobi out there who could beat samurai but in general i would say that they would not. maybe you dont feel that way.

wow...im blown away. i didnt realize ninjas were that cool. i mean if theyre cool enough to make this guy want to * in his pants then i guess that proves me wrong. i stand corrected everyone. ninjas would undoubtedly beat the samurai....wow.

• 3 weeks later...

edited - my now-deleted comments would only have opened up a can of worms. To cut to the chase, the information provided on that website is incorrect.

For resources on ninja/samurai history, examine these books:

Ratti, Oscar and Westbrook, Adele. Secrets of the Samurai: The Martial Arts of Feudal Japan. Castle Books, 1999

Reischauer, Edwin O., Japan: The Story of a Nation. New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, 1990

Good books...I have them and some others