• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone out there have any experience in actual kickboxing matches. I 've decided to put my training, and myself, to the test and have entered my first full contact kickboxing event.I've fought in freestyle tournaments before, but I have the feeling this will be different.Any training or fight tips will be appreciated.Thanks! :karate:

The thorn defends the rose from those who would steal the blossom.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well you can`t be nervous it might make you tense and try to not make judgements by how the people look and try to do combos and hope you do well :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 6 months later...

Cool.. well Good luck for you! :smile:

I never expirienced Kickboxing, i dont want to try Kickboxing. I odnt like boxing much! :grin:

Kempo dude says: Stand up show me what you got, im black belter in kempo, im a Kempo champ. lets see who will win!

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I agree with XpOisonFReex----man, kickboxing is like way neater than boxing. I boxed before and you could only wear shorts/shirt, but in KB you can wear your gee, and if you are feeling extra froggy, then you can wear your belt also. My sensai is known around the land as "one who wears gee into ring to fight".

Be swift on your feet, all the time moving on your feet never in the same place (make it into a dance). Never look at the oppenants body, look at his hands and his legs, you will then see when he is gonna strik or kick. Weaving is excellent. This done by when your oppenant strikes, duck, then as you come up you can either come back up towards him so then you can strike him, or you can duck and jump back with a kick or just somewhere to get your self back. Don't let nerves hold you or its called choking. Get it out of your system befor you go and fight. Always have a clear mind it should be like water: if water is clear then you can see the reflection so you see your oppenant, if it is not clear and smashed you cant see your oppenant.

So just to recap. Move all the time, weave dodge and always looking at your oppenants arms and legs to see where there gonna go not at their body, also intimidate the oppenant by putting on a brave face abd showing that you are not scared of him (fear will cripple a fighter), and always keep a clear mind.

Hope this helps :smile:

i agree with above that you should look at his hands and feet. Also try to look at his eyes - some people telegraph were they are going to hit by looking there 1st.

make sure you control the rythm and timing. Try to keep the opponent off balance at all times by changeing timing, stance, rythm, etc.

Also another pointer to remember is that when you go to fight you often feel like there is a slim chance of winning. Remember, there are just two guys in that ring fighting and you are one of them. He is just as apprehensive as you are. Dominate him.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

never ever watch the eyes watch the chest where the chest goes so does your oponent

dont be afraid to get hit sometimes you get hit there is no shame in getting hit

try to control the distance when your oponent sets to throw a technique move

if he/she wants to punch stay in kicking range or viseversa

if you wathc the chest your periferral vision will see the arms and legs move

good luck

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

My advice is to change all your training into 3 minute sets (or what ever length rounds your fighting) Training your entire body to work intensively for 3 minutes, then 30 second rest, then 3 minutes etc. Just like fighting rounds.

This is the sort of endurance you want and will train your body to recover. Do this for all your pad work, drills and work outs. It'll train your mind to visualise 3 minutes really well too.

Bretty :up: