• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin vs Other Karate Styles. Cold Hard Facts!!!!!

Profacci

AnonymousOne.. Chidokan sounds interresting , i just wanted to know more about the competitions , the rules that control a fight in it , can u explain more bout that ??

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AnonymousOne.. Chidokan sounds interresting , i just wanted to know more about the competitions , the rules that control a fight in it , can u explain more bout that ??

Sames rules as the World Karate Federation

Kumite

http://www.wkf.net/html/rulesenglish.html

Kata

http://www.wkf.net/html/kataruleseng.html

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Hard contact kumite is good but that alone will not replicate real combat. In real combat you can be hit anywhere including neck, groin, limbs, you can be grabbed, taken down, bitten, pushed into walls...

How can it be said that hard kumite will prepare one or combat by being as colse to real combat as possible?

All hard kumite teaches is to bludgon your opponents head and torso until they submit. There is more to combat than that. It will result in good conditioning tho.

How can it be said that hard kumite will prepare one or combat by being as colse to real combat as possible?

All hard kumite teaches is to bludgon your opponents head and torso until they submit. There is more to combat than that. It will result in good conditioning tho.

It's not about hitting hard and it's not only about h2h combat. Consider putting the different ma on a spectrum. On one extreme you have totally benign encounters such as in one-step sparring at the other end is lets say some guy swinging his fists, biting, gouging and trying his best to send you to the hospital if not to the morgue. Kyokushin knock down tournaments are closer to the hospital end of the spectrum than point sparring tournaments. If you are actively training to knock someone out while trying to avoid having the same done to you, you might stand a better chance on the street than someone trying to out-tag his/her opponent. Or not. Results may vary.

Oh I agree. Hard contact kumite better relates to real combat than point sparing, but hard contact kumite is still far from real combat.

Kyokushin knockdown tournaments still limit one to the bludgoning of only a few targets.

Now don't get me wrong, hard contact fighters (kyokushin, MT etc) are great at hitting hard and taking hard hits. But it seems to me that they are limited to this.

That's true. What happens on a mat, no matter how painful, is still consensual and not "combat." I'll leave combat to the men and women in uniform, afterall they've got the body armor and cold steel.

Even after all the ma I've studied over the years, what's kept me safe and unharmed is avoidance. Not being there is the best defense.

Kyokushin knockdown tournaments still limit one to the bludgoning of only a few targets. 

Now don't get me wrong, hard contact fighters (kyokushin, MT etc) are great at hitting hard and taking hard hits. But it seems to me that they are limited to this.

is street fight else then hitting hard and traying to avoid taking hits as much as possible ????? plus : fighters of schools like MT and kyokusihn who are used to take hard hits have a better chance in "enduring hits" in street fight ...... don't you think ???

nope, they don't have a better chance. Why should they? Because they train so called hard? Are they in a better condition? Pff no they aren't it depends on how hard the person trains who does a MA, not the otherway around.

That is true, real combat is about taking and avoiding hard hits. But hard contact fighters practice this with a limited target area and without grappleing.

Hard contact fighters have a better chance of enduring hits to their usual target areas. What about other target areas tho, do they condition their groin, neck etc?

In real combat are you going to bother pummeling someone's torso when you can attack a soft squishi area?

Okay , i don't think there are two persons in the world that argue about the weakness areas in human body , and true , no one can condition those areas , i never said anything about that , in the other hand , and from the few street fights i saw , 90 % of the attackers will not consider attacking you in the neck or other " squishi area " , they just want to hit you as hard as possible and in any way possible . plus , who told you that they don't practice grappleing techniques ???