• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin vs Other Karate Styles. Cold Hard Facts!!!!!

Profacci

It all depends on the instructor. I started off with mine and was thinking, 'wow, this is hard, but I'm not in good shape so it can't be that hard for everyone else.' Then I hear we train fairly hard compared to other dojos. We had a visiting shihan once and he trained us much harder than usual. It was just brutal and at the same time glorious.

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Style doesnt make the person, the person makes the style.

All schools have their good and bad points and none are more superior.

As for Kyokushinkai they have performed poorly in contest in my country. But thats because of the individual not the style

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

As for Kyokushinkai they have performed poorly in contest in my country. But thats because of the individual not the style

I hate this argument, I really do.

The individual martial artist wins or loses the fight when hes adequately crosstrained (such as today's MMA fights, for example). However, the fact that certain styles have produced an astronomically higher number of champions than other styles is obvious proof that some simply are more effective than others.

Certain schools and styles simply are more superior to others and thats a cold hard fact of life.

I hate this argument, I really do.

The individual martial artist wins or loses the fight when hes adequately crosstrained (such as today's MMA fights, for example). However, the fact that certain styles have produced an astronomically higher number of champions than other styles is obvious proof that some simply are more effective than others.

Certain schools and styles simply are more superior to others and thats a cold hard fact of life.

I totally disagree. Granted though there are a lot of rubbish schools in the west, but I have seen some people train in them very hard and develop a lot of skill.

Pride in a school is nice but often unrealistic

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

i have to say it but there are better styles than others. the average boxer will ko the average TKD guy with ease not because the boxer trains harder but that the style is more practicle. i know TKD guys who train very very hard and put up a good fight but the style is just less practicle.

Fist visible Strike invisible

I agree that there are ' better styles than others ' .. thats almost abvious , about the example you made , the only reason that a boxer can easly defeat a TKD fighter is the fact that the TKD will have much trouble garding his face while the boxer won't , i am not here to anlyze the two styles , any way it's true that some styles have points of weakness , or ..mm incomplete..right??

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

I totally disagree. Granted though there are a lot of rubbish schools in the west, but I have seen some people train in them very hard and develop a lot of skill.

Pride in a school is nice but often unrealistic

Dont misunderstand the argument here. We said certain styles are better than others, not that the other styles are useless/ineffective. No ones debating whether you know of people who have developed good skills in martial arts deemed lesser to others.

Could you give more insight as to why you disagree? For instance, lets take a style like Tae Kwon Do and compare it to something such as Wrestling or Judo. All 3 are Olympic sports and *arguably* have roughly the same level of popularity.

How could you explain that Wrestling and Judo have had MANY successfull fighters in MMA competition and TKD has no where near as much success? How can something such as Muay Thai, which is FAR less popular than virtually any karate style, have so many more strong competitors?

Speaking from my own experience and having friends that train in Thai boxing, Kyokushin seems to have a more rigorous traing aspect about it. Im not saying that Kyokushin is better than Thai boxing, im just saying that we're conditioned better. And all this talk i hear back and forth about who would win between a Thai boxer and a Kyokushin fighter is pointless. On the street you never know. You never know the circomstances in which you are fighting. It all comes down to who's the stronger figher. You cant go say "Kyokushin fighers would kill a Thai Boxer EVERY time", besuase you never know. The guy could have a bat stashed somwhere or catch you with a strong kick to the groin in which in most cases it would be all over..kyokushin or Thai boxin. For all those cocky guys out there.....there is always somone stronger and better than you, keep that in mind.

"those who win every battle are not really skillful. Those who render others helpless without fighting are the best of all"

-Sun Tzu