• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin vs Other Karate Styles. Cold Hard Facts!!!!!

Profacci

I'm so glad I have all of the "cold hard facts now". A lot of young men get really enthusiastic about their training and tend to think that what they are doing is "best" and nothing else compares. It is common for teenagers and guys in there twenties to think they have it all figured out. I think you need to be on the planet for at least 30-40 years and if you are wise at all; you will realize how little you know, and how much you have to learn. That's why older guys make less powerful assertions. We're aware that we could be wrong so we hedge our bets a little bit.

The "style" you train in is way down on the list of factors that will determine the winner of a no holds barred fight. athleticism, strength, mental fitness, timing, confidence, speed, chin, heart, determination, flexibility, any number of God given talents, a little luck, etc., etc.

The man wins the fight not the style. Every art produces some dangerous fighters. But those guys would have been dangerous no matter what style they learned.

Unending Love,

Amazing Grace

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But those guys would have been dangerous no matter what style they learned.

That's not so true at all. Art effects to attitude. Which in time will have an impact throughout the whole life and the more to training. When you think that one guy who's very good at one style would have started a completely another style, he might not be even close to what he is now. Of course, no one knows what precisely lead to the result. But it could be anything.

"People study from boredom. They fall in love, get married and reproduce from boredom. And finally die from boredom." -Georg Buchner

I get your point Dave but I don't think you should say "that's not true at all". It's not a stretch to think that the elements that make up a guy before he becomes a great Muay Thai practitioner might also make the same guy a great TKD artist.

Unending Love,

Amazing Grace