• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

wanting to start jujutsu

Greetings everyone. I live in the San Diego area, and I was hoping to start traditional Japanese jujutsu. I need help finding a dojo. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi alfman, welcome to KF!

Try looking in the yellow pages/phone book or do a search on google for JJ clubs in the SD area. Remember, though, that small clubs won't necessarily be listed in either place. If you don't find out anything that way then you could try asking around at work or school - some one you know may know of a JJ place. Also, you could phone local sports centres or church/community halls or other places that a martial arts club might hire. Ask them if they have Martial Arts classes there; if they don't, ask them if they know anywhere in the area that does!!

I don't know if you've done MA before, but it is important to remember that the quality of the instructor is the most important thing. A person could train in the greatest martial arts style in the world, but if their instructor sucks then there's not much hope for the student. Find out how long an instructor has been training and teaching and if they're affiliated with any martial arts governing bodies (if he/she isn't then that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be a good sign if a large respectable organisation recognises their qualification of rank).

Good luck in your search for a JJ school! :karate:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!