• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should i quit taekwondo and start muay thai?

I second the comment about starting young. I highly reccomend that you start training hard now and continue all your life.

It's more than just being able to fight, (Though if you are in a good gym and work hard, you will rapidly increase in fighting ability.) such a regimine will help all aspects of your life, including measurable increases in intelligence.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you show me a tkd place that teaches you to fight better than a muay thai place, and ill show you one crappy * muay thai place. i say do it.

a broken arm throws no punches

I may get flamed for saying this, but if I were you I'd stop wasting my time with tkd. It's good for a lot of things, but fighting is not one of them. If you want to learn to fight, take muay thai. That is what muay thai is for. Stay in tkd if you like learning kata's and tapping people with your foot.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!

muaythaifreak , i cant help wholehaertedly agreeing with you but it might be an idea to remember that there are some on the forum that may find your coments a little offensive, although you have pointed out that TKD has some good points.

Seize the day!

I meant no offense to anyone. I like tkd, however facts are facts and tkd just does not work in a fight. Particularly against MT. I think tkd is a beautiful art and it has many uses, it teaches focus, discipline, balance, and respect among other things. I was merely pointing out that tkd is not a "fighting art" so to speak. I have been studying Muay Thai for nine years and have had the opportunity to teach some. Many times tkd practitioners have come to the school and all have said that MT was far more combat oriented than tkd. I'm sorry if this offends tkd'ers, but if they doubt what I say, all they have to do is find a MT camp and spar a round.

Above all, I meant no disrespect to anyone. I apologize if my comments sounded harsh or demeaning :)

I go to thailand once or twice a year to train with my kru. We train with Arjarn Pek, his fighting name was Narong Siri. He was pretty famous back in the mid to late seventies. I can give you the address to the camp if you like. He really is phenomenal.

sure, the address is:

Rompo Mansion

115 Rimtanroadfai Rd.,

Klongtrey, Bangkok

Phone # 671-3030, 671-3040, or 671-3050

Here's the deal, it's located just outside a hotel in Bangkok. The hotel is not too expensive/not too slummy. Good A/C, nice pool, steam room etc etc... And it's very convienient for the training. I believe Pek is charging 200 baht per session which lasts anywhere from one to two hours. It's been several months since my last visit so things may or may not have changed since then. I'm not sure what info Rick (my kru and best friend) has about Pek on his website, but check here for more info on Pek: https://www.championmuaythai.com. You can also contact Rick Davis for more info on the camp. Let me know what you think if you go check it out.